• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint and non-SSL store

WVOz1970

Alright, I'm very new to setting up an online store, but the opporunity presented itself so I'm moving ahead with it. I've successfully set up PayPal as a payment option for the customer... but since PayPal requires you to drain your PayPal account balance before using credit cards, we decided to link to my client's Linkpoint account for CC processing.

Here's my challenge... the store is set up on a name-based server, so my understanding is that SSL is not an option unless we go to a dedicated IP. That being the case, PayPal worked well, because the customer was taken to the PP site to do their transaction, all behind PP's security. Is there some way to do the same with LinkPoint? I tried the LinkPoint Connect contribution, but the customer is requested to enter the CC# at the client's site before being taken to Linkpoint for processing. Since there's no SSL, I don't want this to happen. I want the transaction/CC# entry to take place at LinkPoint. My client keeps no customer payment information. Maybe there's a different contribution I need to try?

Any help is appreciated. As I said, I'm all new to this. Thanks!

easiest thing to do is go to a static ip address, purchase an ssl certificate and go from there, not that much more for all of that.

easiest thing to do is go to a static ip address, purchase an ssl certificate and go from there,  not that much more for all of that.

SSL Certs available for around ?65 a year, your host will probably do IP address for ?25-?50 so ?100 about all in.