• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting frustrated

paulfozz

:'(

Hi all, this is my first post on this board and would like some kind expert to help me.

Installing on a Windows XP machine local, when I first set up Apache i set my Server name to BTD026w.net and Domain to BTD026w.mshome.net, ups :'( did not know what i was doing.

When I tried to install osC it would not work stopped on step2, eventually I removed everything and installed Apache, MySQL and PHP again.

Now when I try to install osCommerce again no matter how many different names I give for Username and password I keep getting the same message as below for example, first this

corelcapture.jpg

and when I click on continue I keep getting the following page

corelcapture1.jpg

Can anyone please help me I have been reading through all the help files and topics for the last 3 days and cannot find anything to help me out.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

when do you need to enter a user name and password?

if you mean when you are installing, and it is doing the database part try using root as the user and no password

that is what i used and it installed fine but i didn't set up a user name or anything when i installed easyphp so may not work for you

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

by default, with mysql there is no password for the user root. have you created a database and assigned a password or?

what did you do for that?

what is in the old database will not matter when installing again. the new install will overwrite the old. Atleast it is suposed to.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

It windows OS it caches the old installation until the installtion is completed. So if it doesnt complete and you try to start over with a fresh install on a DB that hasnt been installed properly then it trys to call the DB that already has tables that are incomplete to overwrite which it wont allow it. Its a common issue with php scripts.

Hi all,

This problem seems to be to do with having a server on the same machine as you are connecting to, from the MySQL documentation it says this.

Access denied for user error

If you attempt to run a MySQL client program to connect to a server running on the same machine, but get the error Access denied for user 'some-user'@'unknown' to database 'mysql', this means that MySQL cannot resolve your hostname properly. To fix this, you should create a file named `\windows\hosts' containing the following information:

127.0.0.1 localhost

In windows\system32\drivers\etc

there is a file called hosts which has the line

127.0.0.1 localhost

I seem to remember someone in a previous thread saying that it was a good idea to change this to the name of your web page or something so I tried that I get all sorts of different error messages depending on which Database Server Name I use but it still does not install the databases and stops at stage 2.

any other help PLEASE :blush:

Archived