• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL file does not exist

Junpei

when i try to start the database import i get this error. i'm on an apache webserver from a hosting company. this doesn't even resemble my file structure for the server. it should be atleast something more like httpdocs/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

anyone know how to fix this?

Database Import

The following error has occurred:

SQL file does not exist: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/install/oscommerce.sql

also, i'm not getting the same options as the install documentation shows, i don't have the database type and database table prefix options so far.

Did you download oscommerce from here, or did someone else (your webhost?) download it for you? The path to oscommerce.sql should be just fine.

In any case, you don't *have* to run the install at all if you don't want to. There are installation guides in the KB, but here is a quick one:

Upload the files to your webserver, create an empty database and database user, then use phpMyAdmin (usually there is a link to it in your webhost's control panel) to import oscommerce.sql directly into the database (use the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin).

Once you have created the database, and have the username/password for access to that database, edit includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php to include your domain information, full path to your installation (you'll see once you go look at the configure.php files) and your database info.

After that is done, you'll want to make the following permissions changes:

- images directory to 777

- includes/configure.php to 644

- admin/includes/configure.php to 644

- admin/backups to 777

Yes, that's a little extra work, but it might work out faster than trying to figure out the strange path issue.

-jared

Did you download oscommerce from here, or did someone else (your webhost?) download it for you?  The path to oscommerce.sql should be just fine.

In any case, you don't *have* to run the install at all if you don't want to.  There are installation guides in the KB, but here is a quick one:

Upload the files to your webserver, create an empty database and database user, then use phpMyAdmin (usually there is a link to it in your webhost's control panel) to import oscommerce.sql directly into the database (use the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin).

Once you have created the database, and have the username/password for access to that database, edit includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php to include your domain information, full path to your installation (you'll see once you go look at the configure.php files) and your database info.

After that is done, you'll want to make the following permissions changes:

- images directory to 777

- includes/configure.php to 644

- admin/includes/configure.php to 644

- admin/backups to 777

Yes, that's a little extra work, but it might work out faster than trying to figure out the strange path issue.

-jared

thanks! i'll try right away. and.. wow, we have the same name. my real name is Jared. O.O what a coincedence :blink:

Archived