• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Module is using the wrong currency total

MrMint

Hey folks,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the moneris payment module. My shopping cart has two currencies (CAD, USD) which works fine all the way up until the payment module is called. No matter what I do, it sends the payment request total for the USD amount (which is the default).

How do I get the module to use the proper total?

From the moneris module, the following is the line used to fetch the total:

tep_draw_hidden_field('charge_total', number_format($order->info['total'], 2, '.', '')) .

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ken

• 2 months later...

Okay I'm having the same issue with the CAD and USD currencies. Problem is Moneris assigns two store ID's, one for the USD and one for the CAD. When you configure your payment module you're assigning the store ID. There needs to be a script that reads what currency the user is viewing in and then assigning the store ID based on currency...

Something like...

If currency = CAD then

Store ID = 1234Canada

Else

Store ID = 2345US

Problem I have is how, or where do we write this code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jkc

The latest Optimal Payments/Firepay contribution uses 2 currencies (Canada & USA).  Maybe you can hack it for Moneris.

Thxs JR ... at first glance all looks good. I'll run it through some more tests tomorrow and post comments.