• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Code in Product Description

xeroseven

Whenever I try and put PHP Code into the product description field the server doesn't execute it. The same goes for html. When I hit preview, nothing is there. if I hit back theres backslashes everywhere, and if I hit preview and back again there's 3 times as many backslashes. Can I not put php code in any of the fields?

No, as far as I know you can not put php in any of the fields, except links to pages and that has to be done a specific way. What is it you are trying to do?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thank you very much, this does work but not exactly as I need it.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to set 3 variables, but it's only showing the last one. This is how i'm seting them in the prod desc field:

' .$pic_01="prod_bigez_01". '
' .$pic_02="prod_bigez_02". '
' .$pic_03="prod_bigez_03". '

You may want to post this on the reference URL thread I gave you. I am not familar with the code they recommended and you'll probably get a better respone in that thread from the author.

Tom

That's ok, thank you very much for your help. That post lead me in the right direction, so I learned it the hard way.

BTW, that author hasn't been on line since last december (as of yesterday when I checked.)

Thanks again tho.

But may I ask how you found that thread? When I tried to search for "code in product description" or "php in product description" it told me I wasn't allowed to use some of those words in a search.

I actually had this as a saved "nice to have thread" that I refer to occasionally.

The advanced search instructions for the forum describes how to get around the small words and get better search results.

I usually always use the Google "site" search facility right from the Google search home page.

Example: "php in product description" site:oscommerce.com

make sure you end your search withe site:xxxxxx.com

If gives great results.

HTH

Tom

Archived