• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping advice

Juniyakers

Hi,

I have kayaking gear shop. Currently I charge ?6.50 for orders under ?50 and free shipping above that (i use flat rate for this). This is great for the small stuff (most sales) however I want to be able to charge a set price for large items such as the kayaks and canoes.

What would be the best way to implement this?

Cheers,

Lowri

• 2 weeks later...

You could do it by weight - ie set all the small stuff to 0 and the kayaks to 10 - then use the weight table shipping module to do a single option (eg 10:20 would give - 10kg + = ?20 carriage)

Hi,

This would be perfect if I could use it in conjunction with the flat rate (or some other way) so that an order of less than ?50 still costs them ?6.50 in postage. However, I tested having both installed and only flat rate gets used, so a kayak would still classify as free.

Is there some way I can combine these so it would check if it is over a certain weight and if not use the overall cost of the order to decide shipping price??

Thanks

Lowri

I use the following to turn off the table module if the cart value is over a certain amount -

Find:

<?php

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

?>

And replace with

<?php

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ($order->info['total'] >= 100) ) {

$this->enabled = false;

}

?>

I'm sure you can do something using the cart weight instead of $order->info['total']