• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EASY INSTALL

martijn24

Hi all,

I started out thinking installing the OSCOMMERCE script would be way easy... just run http://www.......nl/catalog/install it didn't work..(as my server can't connect to it) so tried doing it manual.. the script and all are installed on the DATABASE...

now got the whole package on my server.... haven't got a clue how to get it to work properly as the INSTALL file is just to short to really learn how to install it.

configure.PHP.. messes my head up (it always does) but can't find any adtional info for it... as i recon thats the file to use for completing your installation?

it's probebly just the fact i ain't really a good webmaster but still worked with PHP before....

so can some please help me out with it...

THX already...

Here are some installation instructions:

Install instructions (knowledge base)

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

1. you need to set up a blank database on your hosting account using phpMyAdmin or a MySQL link in your web hosting control panel.

2. Upload the contents of the osCommerce catalog folder, but not the folder itself (unless you want osCommerce to be in a folder on your site e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog)

3. Once you've done those two things go to http://www.yourdomain.com/install and start the Installation procedure.

4. You'll need to know the name of the DBServer, usually 'localhost', also the name of the database you set up, your mysql User Name and Password.

Vger

4.? You'll need to know the name of the DBServer, usually 'localhost', also the name of the database you set up, your mysql User Name and Password.

Vger

LOL yeah just found that out after 8hours of messing my head up on this PHP script.... arrg.... the PRE-installation files are 2 simple. <_< .... they should tell you there... as does an other script i used... PHPBOOK... (www.challenge-baits.com/phpbookuk/guestbook.php) :D

hehe didn't know it comes standard for installing a PHP script.(You'll need to know the name of the DBServer, usually 'localhost', also the name of the database you set up, your mysql User Name and Password.).... :-"

and I think more peeps who look for free PHP script have the same problem when installing it.... as i see loads of POSTS which actualy got the same problems... and getting same errors as i did... :'(

curently breaking my head on these???

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

can you help out a bit?

Cookie_domain: something like www.yourdomain.com (or yourdomain.com)

Cookie_path: /

From another thread:

The dot in front of the domain sets the cookie "scope" which limits the valid subdomains for the cookie information. Remember, www.domain.com has www. as the subdomain! So, the most broad cookie scope setting will have the dot in front so as to be valid and accessible domain wide no matter if the customer is visiting forum.domain.com, store.domain.com, www.domain.com, or user.domain.com.

If a store owner were technically astute they could adjust the settings to be more specific for certain areas. As an example, the cookie path will determine the directory that the cookie is valid. So, if the store is installed at www.domain.com/catalog/ and ANOTHER STORE is installed at www.domain.com/catalog2/ the paths should be set accordingly.

So, cookie domain sets the main domain and any subdomains that the cookie data is valid. Cookie path sets the directories BELOW the cookie domain that the data is valid.

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Hello,

I'm having issues. I've got the oscommerce loaded on our website www.nazwear.com/oscommerce but I just can't seem to get to the installation pages?

I received the program thru my hosting service via their application vault. (spiralhost.com) They told me oscommerce was configured and that I didn't need to setup a blank database as it was already installed.

I did get access to mystore and I've edited it with our store's specifics.

Please help me out at your earliest convenience. THANK YOU!

--Scott

[email protected]

If it's already installed, you don't need to install again.

Or am I wrong? :)

Forum search

Contributions search

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Archived