• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

page layout problems

I wouldn't suspect the upgrade of causing that problem. A quick glance looks like you're missing a </td> or </table> somewhere near your footer or right column.

Load up the page, view source, copy/paste the results into a new file and use it to find where your html problem is, then backtrack into osC to fix it.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

I went back to some old backups of colum_right.php and footer.php but it made no difference

thanks

Identify where your html problem is specifically first in the rendered page. Then fix it in osC.

All replacing those files does is tell you (assuming that they're good) that the problem isn't in those two files.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

I can not work this out when I think I have fixed it it is messed up somewhere else

sometimes it is ok on certain product and sometimes it is not

sometimes the date and time have the grey bar behind it and sometimes not

i'm stuck

I can not work this out when I think I have fixed it it is messed up somewhere else

sometimes it is ok on certain product and sometimes it is not

sometimes the date and time have the grey bar behind it and sometimes not

i'm stuck

I can see a couple of problems. One is the "upgrade" to php 4.2.2. Yuo shuld be using at a minimum 4.3.3, and for security patches, 4.3.9 or higher. Also, you seem to have lost the language files for your search box. All I see is the TEXT_ calls. This is probably causing the width problem with your left column.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

ok the problem is in the footer but i can not work out where. I know get the error bellow and when I coment out the banner it messes up the footer again

How can i remove the banner or make it work again

Thanks

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_banner_exists() in /var/www/easyinkz.co.uk/includes/footer.php on line 49

ok the problem is in the footer but i can not work out where.  I know get the error bellow and when I coment out the banner it messes up the footer again

How can i remove the banner or make it work again

Thanks

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_banner_exists() in /var/www/easyinkz.co.uk/includes/footer.php on line 49

\

Perhaps you misplaced your catalog/functions/banner.php. The missing fuction call is included in that file.

You still have some other problems.

1. Date in date added to catalog line is missing.

2. The aggrevating width problem with the right column is caused by your options. The longest line sets the width.

3. you are still missing language definition files for the ../boxes/search.php

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

\

Perhaps you misplaced your catalog/functions/banner.php. The missing fuction call is included in that file.

You still have some other problems.

1. Date in date added to catalog line is missing.

2. The aggrevating width problem with the right column is caused by your options. The longest line sets the width.

3. you are still missing language definition files for the ../boxes/search.php

I have replace the file banner.php but no difference still get the error ? Here is my footer file

if anyone could advise i would be very grateful

<?php

/*

$Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="footer">

<td class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </td>

<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

<p> </p>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText">

<?php

/*

The following copyright announcement can only be

appropriately modified or removed if the layout of

the site theme has been modified to distinguish

itself from the default osCommerce-copyrighted

theme.

For more information please read the following

Frequently Asked Questions entry on the osCommerce

support site:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/faq,26/q,50

Please leave this comment intact together with the

following copyright announcement.

*/

?>

<p style="text-align:center;font-size:9pt;">

<a href="canon-printer-cartridges.php" title="Canon Printer Cartridges" class="clinkfooter">Canon Printer Cartridges</a> |

<a href="computer-printer-supplies.php" title="Printer Supplies" class="clinkfooter">Printer Supplies</a> |

<a href="discount-printer-ink-cartridges.php" title="Discount Printer Ink" class="clinkfooter">Discount Printer Ink</a> |

<a href="epson-printer-cartridges.php" title="Epson Printer Cartridges" class="clinkfooter">Epson Printer Cartridges</a><br>

<a href="hp-printer-cartridges.php" title="HP Printer Cartridges" class="clinkfooter">HP Printer Cartridges</a> |

<a href="inkjet-cartridges.php" title="Inkjet Cartridge" class="clinkfooter">Inkjet Cartridge</a> |

<a href="print-cartridges.php" title="Print Cartridges" class="clinkfooter">Print Cartridges</a> |

<a href="printer-cartridges.php" title="Printer Cartridges" class="clinkfooter">Printer Cartridges</a><br>

<a href="printer-ink-cartridges.php" title="Printer Ink Cartridges" class="clinkfooter">Printer Ink Cartridges</a> |

<a href="printer-ink-refills.php" title="Printer Ink Refills" class="clinkfooter">Printer Ink Refills & Inkjet Printer Ink</a>

</p>

<?php

ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . ':../:../../:../../../:../../../../');

include ('ad_network_250.php');

echo $ad_network;

?>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<br>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

string ini_set ( string varname, string newvalue )

Sets the value of the given configuration option. Returns the old value on success, FALSE on failure. The configuration option will keep this new value during the script's execution, and will be restored at the script's ending.

HTH

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

thank i know i need to define them in english.php

my main proble is this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_banner_exists() in /var/www/easyinkz.co.uk/includes/footer.php on line 66

when this function is defined in banner.php i have even checked the permissions on banner.php to make sure it can access it.

thanks for all the advise and help

ok I found out why I was getting the error message it was a typo in apllication top.

So I fixed the error message but when that was fixed my footer messed up again

I am stuck

I wouldn't suspect the upgrade of causing that problem. A quick glance looks like you're missing a </td> or </table> somewhere near your footer or right column.

Load up the page, view source, copy/paste the results into a new file and use it to find where your html problem is, then backtrack into osC to fix it.

Iggy

Ok after testing I found that the problem was with php I upgraded to 4.3.10 and the problem went away

thanks for the help and sudgestions

Archived