• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add to Cart with Options and Quantity

Can someone enlighten me on how to accomplish this on the product_info.php page? My customer REALLY wants it.

Thanks Guys and gals for all your help,

options_cart.jpg

Can someone enlighten me on how to accomplish this on the product_info.php page? My customer REALLY wants it. 

Thanks Guys and gals for all your help,

options_cart.jpg

looks like instead of showing the options in a listbox, you do nested loops thru the attributes to show all the possible combinations.

Treasurer MFC

Thanks Boxtel, that's what I was afraid of... hehe.

I already have the quanty price breaks installed, etc...

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

This one is beyond me, but it would make a nice contribution...

looks like instead of showing the options in a listbox, you do nested loops thru the attributes to show all the possible combinations.

Thanks Boxtel, that's what I was afraid of...  hehe.

I already have the quanty price breaks installed, etc...

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

This one is beyond me, but it would make a nice contribution...

well, normally you already fill a drop down box with an array of all possible attributes for the product. attribute name, descriptions and prices.

instead of drawing a drop down with that, you do a for loop of the array and echo out the product, attribute description and price, maybe add that to the base price already, put a quantity box and a buy button in there and voila.

however, if you have more than 1 attribute type like size AND color, you need to nest the loops as the combinations grow rapidly.

personally, for a single attribute with limited options it looks ok but for more I find it confusing as you now have to go over the entire list and find the right combination.

Normally the dropdown groups the attributes for you which makes combining much easier.

Treasurer MFC

well, normally you already fill a drop down box with an array of all possible attributes for the product. attribute name, descriptions and prices.

instead of drawing a drop down with that, you do a for loop of the array and echo out the product, attribute description and price, maybe add that to the base price already, put a quantity box and a buy button in there and voila.

however, if you have more than 1 attribute type like size AND color, you need to nest the loops as the combinations grow rapidly.

personally, for a single attribute with limited options it looks ok but for more I find it confusing as you now have to go over the entire list and find the right combination.

Normally the dropdown groups the attributes for you which makes combining much easier.

Wow, I think I understand the possibilities here.

Prolly will botch it up a few dozen times, before I make any progress.

I really appreciate your feedback on this and will let you know how it goes (or doesnt) :)

Thanks again.

T

Archived