• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

While editing first page,Parse error occured

mike78

Hi

I have tried to edit the first page in my oscommerce.I have delated the following code

<br>Wenn Sie dass System hinter diesem Shop downloaden wollen, oder wenn Sie L?sungen zu osCommerce beitragen wollen, besuchen Sie uns bitte unter <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>der Support Site von osCommerce</u></a>. Dieser Shop verwendet osCommerce in der Version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

After that i can not view any more my oscommerce.It has given parse error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /storage/mikemiked/public_html/shop/includes/languages/german/index.php on line 14.

Then I have installed another copy of oscommerce in order to see the delated parts and paste it the same place.I have installed to the another folder as eshop.I have given different admin and passworth.I have copied the same above delated code again and I have delated eshop folder.I can not view my perious shop.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mikemiked_osc2@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /storage/mikemiked/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

How can i handle this error?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Greetings

Hi

I have just experienced the same problem. I have just installed oscommerce and thought i'd try editing the index page.

i copied the original code and saved to notepad so i had a backup, then tried changing a bit of the text on the index page (just replaced a section between two <BR> tags, i can't see how it would have made the code 'bad'.)

i got a parse error on line 27 (perhaps where i made the changes) so changed back to the original text i had saved in notepad and uploaded the file again.

However despite the text being identical to originally i get a parse error on Line 13. see www.hybridpc.co.uk/catalog for the message.

How can we get back to the original default oscommerce page? does anyone have this file so we could copy it? (though i cannot see why my backup text version does not work).

Sorry i cannot be of any help to you Mike 78.

The original osCommerce files can be ha dby downloading the osCommerce MS2.2. zip file from www.oscommerce.com, and unzipping on your computer. All the files you need will be found in the 'catalog' folder.

Do not use the osCommerce File Manager to edit files - it causes parse errors. Download the file you want to edit, take a backup (just in case), then edit the file and upload again. If there is a problem restore from the backup you took.

Any text you insert in a content page which ahs an apostrophy in it must be escaped by a preceeding backslash, else you'll get parse errors:

Let's = wrong

Let\'s = right

Mike - you made the mistake of deleting this piece of code:

');

Vger

The original osCommerce files can be ha dby downloading the osCommerce MS2.2. zip file from www.oscommerce.com, and unzipping on your computer.  All the files you need will be found in the 'catalog' folder.

Do not use the osCommerce File Manager to edit files - it causes parse errors.  Download the file you want to edit, take a backup (just in case), then edit the file and upload again.  If there is a problem restore from the backup you took.

Any text you insert in a content page which ahs an apostrophy in it must be escaped by a preceeding backslash, else you'll get parse errors:

Let's = wrong

Let\'s = right

Mike - you made the mistake of deleting this piece of code:

');

Vger

Thanks a lot for your help.I have not managed it i have reinstalled again.

Thanks for your advice.I will do it next time.

Archived