• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any suggestions at all?

Hi,

I'm currently halfway through setting up OSC as a shop for my main website.

Second time I've posted this.. This time, Here's the link!

store.gothscene.co.uk

It isn't live yet, so I've removed all the payment modules.. You can't buy anything. It's pretty standard OSC layout (with an altered mod), although I've altered the colours and stuff.

Anyone care to cast an eye over it and share an opinion or two? Are the colours okay (too dark? too tacky?) images clear? suggestions on anything?

I still need to add a whole heap of products (we are intending on selling more than 20 items!)

I'm aware of the following:

<> The privacy policy and other info isn't filled in yet.

<> I haven't done any foreign languages or currencies.

<> No category icons. I'll knuckle down to those someday!

<> Squashed-up small product images. (not sure what to do about those yet)

<> shopping cart doesn't work.

Anything else is overlooked.

Anyway. Over to you. Be brutal... I can take it.

Thanks.

Steve

Hi,

I'm currently halfway through setting up OSC as a shop for my main website.

Second time I've posted this.. This time, Here's the link!

store.gothscene.co.uk

It isn't live yet, so I've removed all the payment modules.. You can't buy anything. It's pretty standard OSC layout (with an altered mod), although I've altered the colours and stuff.

Anyone care to cast an eye over it and share an opinion or two? Are the colours okay (too dark? too tacky?) images clear? suggestions on anything?

I still need to add a whole heap of products (we are intending on selling more than 20 items!)

I'm aware of the following:

<>  The privacy policy and other info isn't filled in yet.

<> I haven't done any foreign languages or currencies.

<> No category icons. I'll knuckle down to those someday!

<> Squashed-up small product images. (not sure what to do about those yet)

<> shopping cart doesn't work.

Anything else is overlooked.

Anyway. Over to you. Be brutal... I can take it.

Thanks.

Steve

I kind of like it. I like the color and the feel of the site. I don't think it's too dark- it's a goth site - it's supposed to be dark! The purple kind of lightens it enough & there is still a lot of white.

I like the buttons at the top-- but they kind of look out of place with the rest of the site. Maybe it's just the colors.

There are still some stock oscomm graphics on the site that look kind of out of place too. And they are way huge!! On the privacy and shipping page the pic of the guy with the luggage is huge and weird. That happened to me when I deleted a bunch of tags to it- but not all. They are everywhere.

Still original cat headers like "lets see what we have here" & of course the dreaded "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?". Which makes customers that shop at a lot of different places think "huh? didn't it say the EXACT same thing at this place, that place, the other place?" Be original- like the rest of the site.

In the UK do you refer to clothing brands as "manufacturers"? In the US manu would be more for tvs etc.. I'd think "Brand" is more for clothing. Personal opinion of course.

Maybe think about changing some of your font.

The headers in the default font look sooo overdone b/c thats what everyone has. Plus with all the custom colors and stuff- maybe experiement with something more gothlike with the font too.

Course you know about info cats needing more info. Like the contact page should have addy and # too- not just the email form.

I'd most likely buy from you- do you ship to the US? I'm eyeing that magic 8 ball jewelry. :-"

haha

If you make major changes post again so we can check it out.

Good luck!!

I can't easily read your tag line in your logo. Fading red on blk bkgd is hard for my old eyes to contrast and read. You can be both Goth and legible at the same time :P

I don't like design of the top right panel buttons. If they were more like your box tops or purple, they'd look better, imo.

You may want to change the image width on some options in your admin so the images don't squish up and make like fat legs :P

-JD

Thanks for your advice, guys. I'll give this thread a bit longer before making any drastic changes.. I'll certainly take on board what you've said. :)

I can't easily read your tag line in your logo. Fading red on blk bkgd is hard for my old eyes to contrast and read. You can be both Goth and legible at the same time :P

Yup.. It's basically the heading from my main site. The original colours for that shop were red, but I thought red="cheap & cheerful" (Quik Save, Tesco, Londis...)

Bad colour psychology for shopping, realy. I'm actually considering giving it a whole new name (not store.gothscene.co.uk but "Velvet" or something"). When I've decided, I'll change the heading logo to suit. I agree, It needs to at least fit in with the rest of the site and as you say, be legible. I actually wasn't aware that it was so hard to read in the first place. :-" I appreciate you pointing that out.

]I don't like design of the top right panel buttons. If they were more like your box tops or purple, they'd look better, imo.

These are also on my to-do list. Definately purple. I was playing around with a more "techy" theme which just looked confusing and irrelevant. These are a legacy from that.

You may want to change the image width on some options in your admin so the images don't squish up and make like fat legs :P

When I actually physically get the products, I'm going to rephotograph everything. These pics are basically nicked straight off the suppliers' sites to check that everything works.

I kind of like it. I like the color and the feel of the site. I don't think it's too dark- it's a goth site - it's supposed to be dark! The purple kind of lightens it enough & there is still a lot of white.

Thanks. The parent site's all purple and white.. (White goth site?!) so I wanted to tie it together a bit while still keeping it separate. I'm still not entirely sure of the purple gradient background though.. Maybe a tad overpowering?

I like the buttons at the top-- but they kind of look out of place with the rest of the site. Maybe it's just the colors.

Do like 'em, don't like 'em.. Obviously a matter of taste. One thing's for sure- they don't fit, do they? hehe

There are still some stock oscomm graphics on the site that look kind of out of place too. And they are way huge!! On the privacy and shipping page the pic of the guy with the luggage is huge and weird. That happened to me when I deleted a bunch of tags to it- but not all. They are everywhere.

I'm going to go through and redesign all of the icons. I'm not entirely sure why they're humongous. I've probably edited something in the Admin panel which has knocked-on to those. Clipart is evil, evil stuff. Like cocaine.. Horrible, but strangely highly addictive. Why do some people love it so? hahaha

Still original cat headers like "lets see what we have here" & of course the dreaded "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?". Which makes customers that shop at a lot of different places think "huh? didn't it say the EXACT same thing at this place, that place, the other place?" Be original- like the rest of the site.

Oh, yes. MUST replace those things, or rather, must find out how to replace 'em. hehe.. Even if I have to rebuild the thing from the ground up, I'm NOT going to have "Read What Others Are Saying" or similar. Must also make them a suitable shade of purple. (*mental note*)

In the UK do you refer to clothing brands as "manufacturers"? In the US manu would be more for tvs etc.. I'd think "Brand" is more for clothing. Personal opinion of course.

I'm actually not really sure. I think the manufacturer brings out brands? (manu=Nike brand=Jordan)? I'm not just going to be selling clothes anyway.. I've got some very nice celtic knot engraved slate sundials I'm looking at.

I might even do away with that box altogether. Half of my products, I have no idea who the manufacturer is, the other half is either my own brand or maybe one or two ranges of stuff from a known maker. All seems pointless unless you're selling software. :)

Maybe think about changing some of your font.

The headers in the default font look sooo overdone b/c thats what everyone has. Plus with all the custom colors and stuff- maybe experiement with something more gothlike with the font too.

Problem with playing with fonts is that they need to be one that everyone's got installed on their computers (otherwise it'll default to Arial or something). I don't really want to have people download a font specifically, seeing as they just want to shop without any hassle. I might go for plain old arial or verdana. I like those. :)

Course you know about info cats needing more info. Like the contact page should have addy and # too- not just the email form.

Yup. :) Loads of bits to do text-wise. The plain email form's standard OSC I think. I didn't mod it.

I'd most likely buy from you- do you ship to the US? I'm eyeing that magic 8 ball jewelry.

haha

There's a very good chance I'll be shipping worldwide. Not really much point to running an internet store otherwise, huh? lol I'll have to do some digging into customs for ip/xp duty fees.

If you make major changes post again so we can check it out.

Good luck!!

I certainly will & Thanks. :)

S.

Some quick comments:

Thumbnails are very poor quality - either resize manually or use a thumbnail contribution.

The right column of the store looks messy - the headers to the boxes are too wide and "stick out" on the right.

Home page text is dull - Please think of something better than the stock "What's new here" (which takes up far too much real estate by the way) and "Welcome Guest" bumf.

Likewise stock "Let's see what we have here".

When I hover over "product name+" and "price" in the listings, the text becomes illegible.

Your menu buttons on the top right would look sooo much better laid out horizontally on the top of your page.

Don't ask for DOB or gender on account sign up.

Your advanced search help popup is illegible and you should remove date from/to from the search - they are useless.

In firefox, there are problems with your category boxes displaying artefacts.

Thanks for looking at it, FalseDawn.

Most of the stuff you mentioned is stock-how-I-got-it-OSC. Like I said earlier, I do need to do a lot of wordy stuff to it.

I didn't notice the headers hanging over the edges like that. I've just designed a new logo for the store with matching buttons (uploaded five minutes ago).. I think matching box headers are in order-that fit properly.

The thumbnails suck. This is mostly because the ones I'm using are all different dimentions, all being crammed into the same sized boxes. I might have a look and see if I can only specify a height for them.. they should just resize to the right proportions width-wise. Otherwise, I'll take your advice and seek a contrib (never occurred to me that there might be one, y'know? Well worth a peep!)

I'm going to have a fiddle with the stylesheet and alter all the link colours. Wasn't struck on salmon pink anyway. :)

I will have to ask for DOB on signup, as I intend to sell display swords (law says customers must be over 18 to buy). It's just my watching my back in keeping that there. If I don't bother with the swords, I'll take that off. Not sure why you'd need to know gender for anything? I'll pull that.

The advanced search is illegible= I haven't added anything to it yet. It's just a blank page at the moment.

If in the admin panel it's easy to remove the date, I will.. I agree, they seem pretty pointless. If it means burrowing into PHP, I think I'll leave it for a day when I've got less on my plate.. It's not doing any harm as far as I'm concerned. That's just working out hassle:result ratios. :)

I keep intending to download Firefox to see what the rave's about.. Apparently it's a popular browser. If I've got problems with it, I'll have to to see what they are. That's an incentive. :D

I'll see if I can get the menu buttons horizontal. Well worth a try.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I can't fix it if I don't know it's broke!

I just looked at the time and the sun's up. I'm going to go catch half an hour's kip and have a play with all these suggestions today :)

S.

PS:

I just noticed- That was your 500th post!

Congrats... I think! :D :thumbsup:

If I were you, I'd just move the "over 18" stipulation into your terms and conditions. Since there's no way to validate a customer's age anyway, you are just making people complete an extra step in an (already lengthy) account creation and checkout process for no extra indemnity for yourself.

(although I'm not a lawyer, it might be worth finding this out)

Good luck with it - come back when you have made more changes.

Edit: Firefox is not as popular as some believe - 8-9% (ish) market share at last count - although higher amongst the "tech-savvy" and anti-MS subsets.

If I were you, I'd just move the "over 18" stipulation into your terms and conditions. Since there's no way to validate a customer's age anyway, you are just making people complete an extra step in an (already lengthy) account creation and checkout process for no extra indemnity for yourself.

(although I'm not a lawyer, it might be worth finding this out)

Good luck with it - come back when you have made more changes.

Edit: Firefox is not as popular as some believe - 8-9% (ish) market share at last count - although higher amongst the "tech-savvy" and anti-MS subsets.

Aah, good point. If I do decide to sell swords, I can just put a note in the product description referring them to the T/Cs. To be honest though, I don't think I'd sell very many anyway and postage would be a nightmare, so I don't really think I'll bother. As a future option it might be one for the backburner.

I've taken your advice and removed the age and gender thingers from the login. It was all set up to default, so evewryting was set to "yes".

I've installed a thumbnail contribution which seems alright (thumbs are still tiny) Just need to mess around with it a little. At least they're not dumpy little tree trunk legs anymore. :D

I've downloaded FireFox, and I see what you mean.. Some image is missing, isn't it? Thanks for pointing it out.. I'll make some tiny little one px transparent .gif and bung it in there.

Isn't FF pushy? "You want to make Firefox your default browser?" "no" "Why not? Aren't I good enough for you?... etc"... I think I'll stick with good old MSIE. At least it doesn't take so long to start up. hehehe

I think I liked the old logo header better... :-"

Now this is a lot of purple.. hahah

And it's off balance now- with the heavy header centered and the block of links to the right. you need to counter it with something to the left- or move the logo to the left a bit or something. That throws off my inner balance and makes me feel, well, unbalanced! :wacko:

It's coming along. I think you still need work on your thumbnails. I'm not sure what contrib you installed, but you may want to think about the Ultimate Images pack, and create specific thumbs.

I might consider pre-loading your rollover buttons on your header navigation. There is a slight delay, but it's not bad.

You can probably get rid of the reviews box. No one ever writes reviews, and even if they did, no one would care. You can probably get rid of the manufactures box too. It just doesn't really add anything to the site. I doubt that anyone will actually use it.

I like the way you have notes all around like "Think of something for this menu"

I don't really get the "my cart graphic". It doesn't really go with the site.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I think that with some more work, it could be really good.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

I think I liked the old logo header better...  :-"

Now this is a lot of purple.. hahah

And it's off balance now- with the heavy header centered and the block of links to the right. you need to counter it with something to the left- or move the logo to the left a bit or something. That throws off my inner balance and makes me feel, well, unbalanced!  :wacko:

Hmm.. Well, Personally, the way I'm looking at it is, that I'm going to start the shop as a separate business from my parent site, so by doing so I chose to give it a completely new identity, hence "Velvet" and not "store.gothscene.co.uk". The old logo was cleaner and smaller.. I think that one's a tad overpowering?

I agree it is way off balance. Thing is, It's got a black background, so if I turn my monitor contrast up a bit, it looks pretty awful with the black overlaying the dark purple background gradient.. I'm going to box it all off a bit so it's not as croppy. Might do a little remoddeling while I'm at it.

I agree.. It's a hell of a lot of purple, isn't it? I'm going to have to calm it down a bit. Not entirely sure how though just yet.

It's coming along. I think you still need work on your thumbnails. I'm not sure what contrib you installed, but you may want to think about the Ultimate Images pack, and create specific thumbs.

I might consider pre-loading your rollover buttons on your header navigation. There is a slight delay, but it's not bad.

You can probably get rid of the reviews box. No one ever writes reviews, and even if they did, no one would care. You can probably get rid of the manufactures box too. It just doesn't really add anything to the site. I doubt that anyone will actually use it.

I like the way you have notes all around like "Think of something for this menu"

I don't really get the "my cart graphic". It doesn't really go with the site.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I think that with some more work, it could be really good.

No offence meant to the original author of the thumbnail contrib I've used, but it sucks. hehe It's making all the colours funny. Must find another one. I'll take your recommendation on "The Ultimate Images Pack"... although that's a lot of faffing about.. I'll probably do that when I've got all the products on the shop. I'll try one more thumbnailer contrib tomorrow. That don't work, then I'm in for a few long days with Mr. Photoshop and friends.

The notes are just my being lazy and unimaginitive. :) I will eventually come up with something for those. I hope. :) All those big header images are going to be reworked eventually.. They're basically placeholders so when I get around to it I know what they're meant to represent and what they're called. Just tried to make them a bit more presentable than that naffy clipart as standard. :D

As always, I appreciate the feedback. I keep getting snowblinded. lol Anybody else find when they first installed their shop that they got inescabably addicted to the contributions? Downloading stuff "just in case"... I've got my eye on an interesting barcode system.. although I don't have a barcode scanner...icon9.gif HELP!!!!

Ya, I hear you about the contribs. I have the problem that if I need something done, I tend to write custom code. Then about a week later I find out that there was already a contrib out there I could have used, or at least leveraged.

Just a quick note about the Ultimate Images pack. I like it because it doesn't automatically create thumbs for you. It does, however let you define 3 different sizes for the main image, and up to 6 additional images with pop-ups for each product.

I realize that this is a butt-load of photoshop work, and luckly I'm not very good with photoshop so I never actually have to do that work. But the end product comes out looking a billion times better, and you have so much more control. If you have the time, it's really worth it.

Anyway, thats my opinion.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Aaah, you see.. This is where I think I should throw away my keyboard and get a proper job:

By Ultimate Image Pack, I assumed that you meant downloading, manually resizing each and every image by hand, re-uploading and fiddling with the admin panel... As a sort of generic nickname for the method.. Sort of like the "Vulcan Nerve Pinch" = (ctrl+alt+del), "404ing" = (taking a website offline completely for upgrades) or "google-timeshift/Googleshifting" = (starting to google for something at 5pm and realising five minutes later that it's 4am and that you're no nearer finding your answer).

Can you can offer any advice on this Ultimate Image Pack, where I can find it (contribs search isn't getting anywhere)?

Cheers.

S.

I can't edit posts. :(

I've just done a bit of work on the logo. It's no longer off balance and I'm trying to tie it in with the navvy buttons.. Still needs work, but I think I'm getting somewhere.

Wasn't sure about the name of "Velvet" so I deleted it.. I'm toying with other names at the moment.. "Digital Velvet", "Nightkind".. Whatever.. I'll come up with summat. It's got to appeal to floaty goths and industrial cybery rivetheads at the same time, as well as sounding like a friendly approachable shop. Not easy.

Also, I've gone been nifty and added a little pricetag picture to product listings.. Aren't I a clever boy? No? Ah, well. I tjust thought the price of products floating around in the air like that was getting a bit lost.

Anyway, I am listening to your advice and I'm not just looking for "coo" noises. :)

All the help you've given me so far has been great! Thanks!

Steve

Right.

Complete cock-up with a thumbnail contribution which destroyed my site. The backup of the files I made didn't work, so plan B:

I'm rebuilding from the ground-up. Wasn't struck on one or two bits on there anyway.

Consider this thread irrelevant for now. :) Thanks.

Okeydokey.

Thanks to "Brushwood", the dessicated remains of the previous site scattered all over my computer and a database backup I made without realising it, Somehow, my site's back.

Goody goody. :)

I've made one or two tiny changes to it:

New column imagess on the left and right. A bit more fitting and I think attractive than the grey.

I've fiddled the logo a tad so it's cleaner (the pipes coming out the back) and the litle box going into the menu.

Still need a decent thumbnailer (that won't send my site spiralling into Hades)

Couple of things to change again. Before all that, I'm going to go grab a cup of tea and find another human being to speak to.. I think I'm starting to crack up a little. ;)

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

This error message was at the top- prob has something to do with your trip to hades.

I haven't really had any luck with any of the contributions I've tried.. So now I'm realllllly scared to try anymore. I think I would die if I had to rebuild.

I lost my mind a long time ago. :wacko:

I think the header logo is looking better- the balance is much better.

I think it's funny moving from my pink/yellow store to your purple/black.. Quite a shock on the eyes. hahah

We have many items here for you to covet here.

here... here.. Get rid of a HERE!

Eligable = Eligible

What are the purple bubble boxes? Are they supposed to be going around something?

It's slowly moving in the right direction.

This error message was at the top- prob has something to do with your trip to hades.

I haven't really had any luck with any of the contributions I've tried.. So now I'm realllllly scared to try anymore. I think I would die if I had to rebuild.

I lost my mind a long time ago.  :wacko:

I think the header logo is looking better- the balance is much better.

I think it's funny moving from my pink/yellow store to your purple/black.. Quite a shock on the eyes. hahah

here... here.. Get rid of a HERE!

Eligable = Eligible

What are the purple bubble boxes? Are they supposed to be going around something?

It's slowly moving in the right direction.

The error message is a persistent little bugger. I've created a directory in the root called "tmp", CHMODded it to 777 and still no idea why it's still asking. I'm thinking of just changing the config file to not report that error.. A cheat, I know.

I tried all of the contribs for auto thumbnails. One of them worked to a rough extent, although it really upset the size of the category headers. Another worked beautifuly, resizing the images nicely and keeping them smooth.. until it started creating thumbnails without any yellow in them! The last one obliterated my website. I just wish I'd kept notes of the effects of them!

I tried to tie in the header logo to the buttons, so that it seemed like it was all one thing rather than a big expanse of black between the logo and the buttons or the previous look, which made you feel a bit seasick after a while. I think I'm happy with it now.

Aah.. Too many "heres". I edited out the word "velvet" as I'm still unsure of a name for it. I didn't read back the paragraph before I put it back up. Oops. :)

Eligible? Oh, okay. :) Thanks. Windows notepad could really benefit from a spellchacker, couldn't it? hehe I'll bet there are a few hundred other typos and mis-spellings on that site.. If there aren't, there wil be.

The purple bubble boxes? They're just a background image for that column.. I've put everything on the left, so the site resizes to that.. I should really try and make it a bit more "backgroundy", I think.. They almost look like they should be clickable. They are way too busy now that I've looked at it again.

They were supposed to look like glass tubes with purple liquid in, with steel bands around them.. I shrunk them down a bit and they don't look like it at all.. I'll redo them better and tidy up that whole column.

It's very slowly moving.. but it'll get there. I'm actually starting to hate it less, which can't be a bad thing. lol

When we're online with stock and everything (like a REAL shop), I'll set anyone up who wants it with a 20% discount. Just by way of a thank you for all your help and advice. I'm not just looking at overly "goth" products, so there might be something there if you browse. :)

BUMP BUMP BUMP

You seem to be posting all your own comments

I'm not sure if I was meant to reply to this- If I did, I'd just be "bumping" and if I didn't I'd just be conceding that you're very right and that I was only replying to messages do just that..

Quite a quandry.

You're actually about 50% correct. I have replied to a lot of the posts on this thread. I've been making a lot of changes on my site and have simply been posting replies here to let my advisors know that these changes are occurring, as well as trying to explain why certain things were as they were and so on. It also doesn't help that I can't edit my posts here either, so anny additional comments have had to be posted afterwards. Otherwise my total number of posts here would only have been a couple.

You are wrong however that I've merely been posting to bump the thread. In truth that hadn't actually occurred to me. As far as I was concerned, I was simply replying to messages. I've got far too much to do as it is besides being here anyway, and lavishing what might appear to be hours and hours a day on trying to keep a thread at the top of the forum is both a pointless waste of time and a selfish act.

So, Bump Bump Bump, I'm at the top of the forum again. I hope I've managed to clarify myself in the process.

Rather than post a new message and provoke another bumping accusation, I think I've sorted out the backgrounds on the right and left columns, My thumbnails have all been sorted out without using a site-crushing mod and I'm going to start sorting out the "welcome guest...", shipping, contact us and all the other stock OSC textybits as soon as the gas man has been.

Laters.

S/

Hello,

you small icons eg : table_background_default is all fuzzy when i look at it,

Dont like the welcome guest part , doesnt quite go with the home page.

and why not add some nice happy colours all you goths are so depressing : )

just kidding, other than the first two real points nice looking site.

Good luck m8

Hello,

you small icons eg :  table_background_default is all fuzzy when i look at it,

Dont like the welcome guest part , doesnt quite go with the home page.

and why not add some nice happy colours all you goths are so depressing : )

just kidding, other than the first two real points nice looking site.

Good luck m8

Thanks for looking and commenting. :)

The small icons were the default OSC things that I never got around to changing. I've since got rid of them (made them 1px/1px) :thumbsup:

The "Welcome Guest" bit.. I updated the page and then checked this thread, so I'm not sure whether you're referring to the stock one or the new one? I'm assuming you meant the standard message.. ?

Happy colours, huh?

It's funny you say that. I am toying with a completely new image-set with nicer colours.. On my monitor the purple's bearable.. Reading Breamillman's thread, I realised that colours do differ wildly on different monitors.. They're kind of "lavender colour" to me. Do they show up as dingy dirty or retina scorching for you? Eihter way, I'm going to have a play with a new look for it.. Don't worry, I'll back up all the originals, so if it's really hideous, I can always revert. :)

Righty.

Where did I put those Prozacs? *fumble fumble* :blink:

[bump Bump bump... :-" :lol: ]

Someone BROKE your LOGO. ??? I guess it's split into 2 images?? And it's now created a break down the middle. It's also fuzzy and weird. I don't remember it looking like that before.

You still need to change the name of your store that shows up in the top of the browser and in the bar when it's minimized. It still reads oscomm.

None of your purples are bad or blinding at least on my monitor--- but we all know that I have color issues so i'm not the best person to be answering that.

But to me the background is black fading to what I would say is a true purple.

The logo and infobox headers are more of a dark periwinkle- like blueish purple. The breadcrumb area is back to the true purple with varying degrees of it- lighter in the middle. The rest of the store - the side column backgrounds are pretty light lavender & grey. Whatever colors it is- I don't mind it, could be worse.

another typo here on the links page which is nonexistent

In other words, the page you are looking for doesn't exist, which is why you're sat looking at this.

huh?? which is why you're SAD looking at this?? which is why you'VE sat looking at this?? Who knows...

It's amazing how long this whole process takes. You've made a lot of progress but you still have a way to go with all the stuff that isn't there yet.. Keep plugging away.

(psst- Xanax is much better. :-" )

Rightydoodle

Brand new site's up.

Newest additions:

Obviously, new colour scheme and other little images.

Couple of new products,

working links page (being added to).

Problems I kow about and will fix:

Link to "shipprice.php" in the shipping & returns page doesn't work. I've not put this page together yet.

Other pages (privacy, contact us etc) are stock.

Product images suck (will rephotograph everything when I get it in stock)

The grey stripes on the white center make text tricky to read. I'll lighten these.

Typo in the shipping page (...any customes duties...). I'll proofread it all when I've got more to proofread. Also the intro text repeats itself (copy/pasted it twice.. Oops!)

Stuff I know about but don't know how to fix:

The "Shopping Cart" text in the box header is missing. I've got another thread in the General Support part about this.

Otherwise, I'm still very open to comments.

Are the stock bits that I've left okay or should I customize it all?

Does it view alright at various resolutions/platforms/browsers? (I'm running Win2k, MSIE/FF/OPERA, 1024x768 and it's fine there)

Is everything easy to distinguish and navigate?

Does it look okay?

Okay.. Back to you. :)

I can take your criticism.

Archived