• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product appears twice in admin & then does this

Mark-UK

I have been testing my site and I have notived on certain products when i add it to my cart and go to checkout i click on confirm and go to the checkout shipping page and then when i click continue it just goes to sam page, the shipping page i alreday on, in other words i dont leave the checkout shipping page.

Ive also noticed this only happans on products tha when i search for in products in my admin they appear twice but not as individual products, ie the same product appears twice under each other but wont let me select either 1 of them just both.

It is these products that when i cart wont let me move on in the payments process.

I did use easy populate and a second time i uploaded some stuff there was duplicate products BUT when they appear twice in products in admin i cannot select 1 to delete as its a sif they are joined together and when i click on either one to turn on or off the products listing it turns off both or turns on both whichever I select. I cant turn on or off just 1 of the duplicate products.

So just to clarify so i havent confused myself lol when i add 1 of these products i go to checkout get to the delivery information page at checkout_shipping and click continue and nothng happens, page sort of just refreshes. If i check the product in admin and search for it the product has 2 listings but they behave as 1.

Any ideas please, my site did go live but now its offline due to this.

Is there also another quicker way of finding out which product has these 2 listings and has duplicate listings on my site without checking each one at a time.

thanks

Since you got duplicate products using Easy Populate, it may be hard to tell what has actually be duplicated. It could be duplicate entries in the prouducts table that share a single entry in the products_descriptions table.

If it were my store, I'd backup first, then look in the products table for duplicate items with the same model name.

-jared

Anyone please:

Also what SQL executes when you do a search on the products page in your oscommerce admin a sthats where the product appears twice but as 1 listing.

thankyou people.

I turned sql logging on in admin and did a search in admin for text 'My".

The following query(s) were returned.

09/05/2005 15:17:31 [QUERY] select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' and cd.categories_name like '%My%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

09/05/2005 15:17:31 [QUERY] select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p2c.categories_id from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%My%' order by pd.products_name

HTH

Tom

ok cheers, does anyone have know why certa products appear twice when i search for it in products in my oscommerce admin, then they are as 1 and im not able to turn either of the listings off.

Please help.

Maybe you have those products listed in other categories as "linked" to the original or copied from the original. You'll need to examine your tables (see the above queries for the table names) via phpmyadmin to see what's happening in your database.

HTH

Tom

Of course its going to show the "duplicates" in admin. How else would you be able to remove the link?

For those that you think things are messed up, verify the rows in the various tables in the database.

HTH

Tom

Archived