• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Security Issue

Evenstar

One of my customers has just let me know that when she confirmed order and was redirected to PayPal she got a warning pop up saying the certificate was not valid or out of date.

I checked myself and its true, but its Paypal's cert that it says is not valid and when I looked it expired Oct 2004.

She is not happy proceeding, for good reason. I wonder how many people have had this and been put off. Is there a way I can solve it?

Thanks

One of my customers has just let me know that when she confirmed order and was redirected to PayPal she got a warning pop up saying the certificate was not valid or out of date.

I checked myself and its true, but its Paypal's cert that it says is not valid and when I looked it expired Oct 2004.

She is not happy proceeding, for good reason. I wonder how many people have had this and been put off. Is there a way I can solve it?

Thanks

Like you, someone tried to buy something through our store and pay with Paypal, but it said that the security certificate had expired. It has done this before when we tested it and we just clicked on the link provided to update the certificate.

We don't want to do this again unless it's the only way to do it .

Is there any way that we can get a permanent fix for this?

Chris

Archived