• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order E-mails

Hi guys,

I've just noticed that on the e-mails that are sent both to the customer and to myself, the Product Attributes fail to show. So, if someone says they want to order a Red pencil, it does not say:

1 x Pencil

Red

It simply says 1 x Pencil.

Are there any reasons for this not working and are there any fixes?

Kind regards

Rob

I've heard nothing so I presume that this is a rare problem of some sort. Any ideas guys?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Right no response so I better give you some more details.

Basically, a guy ordered a product and selected that he wanted a 52 degree wedge out of the set. The order went through fine but....my e-mail does not specify WHICH one he selected, in fact it doesn't say anything. I presume it is meant to say something in the e-mail...if not...how can I make it so that it does!? However, if I go to Customers -> Orders -> Invoice then I can see what he has ordered.

Hopefully, you guys may be able to respond to this more clearly now I've explained it a bit better.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks

Rob

Hi I also have this problem. It started after installing a paypal module the Osc one. I asked about it at the time no one could help. I just made do with having to look up the order. I would like to fix it though. Im not actually using paypal anymore so i might remove it, just not had time yet.

Mike

When you add the product to your catalog include the word 'Red' in the product title. e.g. Pencil (Red), and it will then show in the order e-mail. If you are using multiple options (Product Attributes) then you will need to modify the file that calls the info into the e-mail.

The Product Model Number (if added with the product to the catalog) will show up in the order e-mail by default, and this can be used to define colours e.g. red040203

Vger

Hi guys,

I've just noticed that on the e-mails that are sent both to the customer and to myself, the Product Attributes fail to show.? So, if someone says they want to order a Red pencil, it does not say:

1 x Pencil

? ? ?  Red

It simply says 1 x Pencil.

Are there any reasons for this not working and are there any fixes?

Kind regards

Rob

You wouldn't happen to know what the file is that calls the info into the e-mail is would you?

I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Rob

Archived