• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where do I start

Pixy

Where do I start if I want to change how my current site looks?

I do not like the feel of the site and I would like to change just about all the graphics. I have no idea where to start.

I am not a computer programmer and everything that I know I have read up on or just learned by trail-an-error. I know Dreamweaver very well but that is about it. :-"

Is there an instruction manual that I can download that will give me instructions as how to change all the graphics on my current site?

This is the adress for my site if you would like to have a look and see what I mean.

http://papercrazy.co.za/catalog/

Pixy

One day at a time - we all have to learn

Where do I start if I want to change how my current site looks?

I do not like the feel of the site and I would like to change just about all the graphics. I have no idea where to start.

I am not a computer programmer and everything that I know I have read up on or just learned by trail-an-error. I know Dreamweaver very well but that is about it.  :-"

Is there an instruction manual that I can download that will give me instructions as how to change all the graphics on my current site?

This is the adress for my site if you would like to have a look and see what I mean.

http://papercrazy.co.za/catalog/

Changin the osC template is the easy bit :D

The first bit which only you can do is deciding on

your vision for your business

what do you want to achieve with the site in terms of visitor interaction

How will you define "success" in terms of what ppl do when they visit your site

given answers to the 3 above

what are the relevant design considerations - cosmetics, must have and nice to have functionality ?

Armed with answers to these questions you can then storyboard your site including color definitions, layout, functionality etc etc

At that point you can then begin to change the template because you know exactly where you are going with the design. Problems in this technical phase can be resolved on this forum by asking the helpful ppl for answers to specific and tight questions.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived