• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

create database

millhouse

Ok I'm in phpmyadmin

I have one existing database that was set up for me

I have created another database but it is empty

How do I get the information into the database?

many thanks

osCommerce uses just one database. Is there something wrong with the first database, or are you installing a 2nd store?

-jared

osCommerce uses just one database.  Is there something wrong with the first database, or are you installing a 2nd store?

-jared

No the database is fine

I am installing an updated store using all new files but don't want to delete the current database and store from my server until my updated store is ready to run.

No the database is fine

I am installing an updated store using all new files but don't want to delete the current database and store from my server until my updated  store is ready to run.

Do an export _ structure and data - from the old and run the SQL script into your new database thro phpMyAdmin or the command line

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Do an export _ structure and data - from the old and run the SQL script into your new database thro phpMyAdmin or the command line

Charles

thanks

The new database contains may more files then the old database

would this method still be appropriate seeing as it is not just a case of updating info within the same files?

thanks

The new database contains may more files then the old database

would this method still be appropriate seeing as it is not just a case of updating info within the same files?

The extra tables in the new db will not get populated - only those tables that match the old database will be populated -

if your new db has referential integrity in the new tables dpendant on the old you will have a problem - but if the new tables are stand alone - you are OK

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived