• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New products for april

Jerry Sig

Looking for code that changes the number of "units" products that are displayed on the new products box? I have changed the number of columns to make more room for additional items to be displayed. but through some default code it only allows 9 items to be displayed..... any thoughts? Jerr

I would rather regret trying something and failing at it, than wishing i did try it and never knowing the outcome.

have you tried going to the admin

My store -> maximum values

change the number for displaying new products

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

WOW, i guess that was pretty easy..... was looking for some complicated code that needed to be changed in the file itself...... Thank you very much !!!

ok, next one........ in the column on the left in the manufactures box, how do you change that heading from manufactures to WHATEVER.... Oddly enough i can pull it into front page 2003 and edit it thru the design screen, but it saves it as a HTML file, not a php........ so that doesn;t work in this case

other than dream weaver, is there a conversion program you know of that converts HMTL to php? dream weaver is a little pricey for this user. any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Jerr

have you tried going to the admin

My store -> maximum values

change the number for displaying new products

I would rather regret trying something and failing at it, than wishing i did try it and never knowing the outcome.

Languages are defined in the language folder.

Either english.php or in a file in the english folder

(or whateverlanguage.php etc.)

I think what you're looking for is in english.php. (something with BOX and MANUFACTURERS in the define I think)

Not sure what you mean by changing and saving as HTML.

I think you should be able to use Frontpage to edit code otherwise use notepad.

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

the actually heading that currently says "manufacturer" with the drop down box under it, I what to change the wording from manufactures to host sites. i have tired to change the define area of the code, but it doesn;t change the words, but it messes up the link to the manufactures php......unless again i am looking for something more complicated than it really is........

Yes, do what I told above

Go to english.php

change this:

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Host sites');

Forum search

Contributions search

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Thanks, again i need to follow instructions........ and take my head out of my ..... well you know............Thank you so much, JERR

the actually heading that currently says "manufacturer" with the drop down box under it, I what to change the wording from manufactures to host sites. i have tired to change the define area of the code, but it doesn;t change the words, but it messes up the link to the manufactures php......unless again i am looking for something more complicated than it really is........

Yes, do what I told above

Go to english.php

change this:

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Host sites');

Archived