• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Displaying a default currency

I live in europe but the majority of my customers are from the US!! So, I'd like to list the price of my products in US dollars, but when when my customers order and pay through C/C or paypal, I'd like the default currency for those paying methods to be euros (what i mean is, my client's paypal send payment form should contain by default an amount in euros)

This is to avoid having to convert my income to euros inside paypal (which will cut my profits by a fixed % :( )

I was wondering if there was anybody expert enough to know a solution to my problem ^__^

Thank you!

Oh i also got another question (sorry for being a noobie lol)

I set up the payment through CreditCard (after setting up the one for PayPal), the point is that my admin panel didn't request any info for my credit card, so how is it supposed to send me money?

I guessed that maybe it uses the email address from paypal? Or do I have to set up something else?

Just get them to pay in $ and have it autoamitaccly converted into Euro by Paypal. It won't cost your client anymore than doing it the way you have suggested any your clients will be happier because they understand how much they are paying.

If their card were charged in Euro the card company would take a spread, so you'd need to add that to your dollar prices.

Just get them to pay in $ and have it autoamitaccly converted into Euro by Paypal. It won't cost your client anymore than doing it the way you have suggested any your clients will be happier because they understand how much they are paying.

If their card were charged in Euro the card company would take a spread, so you'd need to add that to your dollar prices.

Thanks very much for your help! ;)

I have set up paypal to only accept payments in euros, and all other currencies are automatically accepted and converted to euros!

If I understand correctly:

1- That costs nothing to me or my customers and

2- my customers still see their payment in USD

is that right?

Well pretending to pay you by PayPal is really stretching my knowledge gained from a two week holiday in Italy. You need to sort the language out unless all your American customers speak Italian.

When you take people's card details you need to process them through your credit card terminal and make sure you are allowed to do internet business through your merchant account. If you don't have a merchant account with your bank then stick to PayPal.

Archived