• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Update when Continue is clicked

Hi ALL

I have been using os C for a while now and one thing that has always been a mystery is why the 'update cart' routine isn't run by default when the 'continue' button is clicked.?

Users enevitably change the quantity of the items they want and then click 'continue' instead of 'update' first. And the contiunue button is located in a position that is a norm for this.

Can the continue button be configured to run the update function as well?

steve

Hi ALL

I have been using os C for a while now and one thing that has always been a mystery is why the 'update cart' routine isn't run by default when the 'continue' button is clicked.?

Users enevitably change the quantity of the items they want and then click 'continue' instead of 'update' first. And the contiunue button is located in a position that is a norm for this.

Can the continue button  be configured to run the update function as well?

steve

yes, you could but then you need to check in application top whether checkout shipping is requested and perform the cart update function first like it is done now via the action command.

I always prefer, for clarity, that the user updates the cart himself before checkout is possible so that he sees exactly what he is checking out with.

So I use this : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144097

Treasurer MFC

Thanks I'll try That

yes, you could but then you need to check in application top whether checkout shipping is requested and perform the cart update function first like it is done now via the action command.

I always prefer, for clarity, that the user updates the cart himself before checkout is possible so that he sees exactly what he is checking out with.

So I use this : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144097

Archived