• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to copy database over?

4Ever Youthful

I am in the process of upgrading my osommerce installation to version 2.2.2. In following the instructions from the knowledge base it says "Then copy the old database over to the new database in phpmyadmin."

I can't figure out how to do this once I'm in phpmyadmin. Can someone point out to me exactly how I can accomplish this?

In PhpAdmin select your old database....once there, select all tables....go up to export tab, in the export dialog, go to the botom and check the 'export to file' box, change data options to update then click go....you now have a copy of your database on your computer..

select the new database, click the SQL tab, youll see a small window that says: Run SQL query/queries on database, hit the browse button and find your saved .sql file...it will open in the small window....click 'go' , your database should be populated.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to accomplish this several times now. The error message I keep getting is that MySQL "#1007 can't create database 'mywebsite #1" Database exists" when I'm trying to import the database into mywebsite database #2. This happens no matter what option I select in the export sql options - Data - export type field ie "insert, update, or replace"

Do I need to check something else?

I've tried to accomplish this several times now. The error message I keep getting is that MySQL  "#1007 can't create database 'mywebsite #1" Database exists" when I'm trying to import the database into mywebsite database #2. This happens no matter what option I select in the export sql options - Data - export type field ie "insert, update, or replace"

Do I need to check something else?

Backup your database first

When you do the export - do an export that drops the tables, and adds if exists - in your data use the insert option instead.

Then create a new empty database and import the SQL you generated in the step above.

If it works add the connection string details for this new database to your configure.php files (both of them)

Test test test

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived