• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CGI Error

Hi

I've just installed os commerce for the first time and have hit a bit of a brick wall. If I click on the 'My Account' or 'Checkout' link I get the following error page:-

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Nothing is listed below it. I've had a good search on this forum and have found quite a few topics with this error message but unfortunatly none with the solution for my instalaltion. Can anyone help me? I've installed os commerce in the htdocs directory on a Linux server (Fasthosts are the ISP) on a shared server with with shared SSL space.

Many thanks in advance

Adam

P.S.

If the administrator of this forum happens to read this, the not being able to use words less than 4 characters in a search string is a real pain - it means you can't copy in specific error messages to search on, like the one above which has 'by' in it.

Fasthosts are the ISP

Do a search of these forums on Fasthosts - then move to a different host. That's nine letters so you shouldn't have any problem getting results - from the search that is, dont expect any from fasthosts.

You are correct about the Search function - it is not exactly the best.

Regarding the error - you should not be getting it as osCommerce (normally) has nothing to do with cgi.

Vger

Archived