• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Needed...My store isn't working anymore!

Dead Composers

Hi folks,

Just began properly exploring oscommerce in order to open a record label shop front. It was all going really well until I tried to edit the text titles of some header boxes using the file browser in the admin area. My browser now says:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /homepages/6/d98259334/htdocs/catalog/includes/languages/english.php on line 7

I have put the file back as it was before this error occured but still my browser displays the same problem.

// manufacturers box text in includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Manufacturer');

// whats_new box text in includes/boxes/whats_new.php

define('BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW', 'What\'s New?');

To get this to screw up I'd changed 'Manufacturer' to 'Artist' in the second line. Line 79 in my browser is actually the bottom line, which I didn't alter.

Any help in rectifing this would be gratefully recieved. I'm currently stuck with this problem which means I can't move on.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Sounds like a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Do you have any ideas how to put this right?

Sorted (sort of!)

Just download a fresh version of OS Commerce and replaced the languages folder with the default settings. Just got to reconfigure EVERYTHING now! :(

No more File Manager for me!

Thanks for the swift advice Bobby....

Archived