• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Downloading list of orders

bcraig2

I am new to OSCommerce. I am thinking about moving my existing webstore over to this format. But I have a question: Is it possible to download a list of daily orders (in a spreadsheet format) so I can then upload the addresses etc. into my UPS account, etc. for shipping purposes? What about reports on sales? Can that data be exported to a speadsheet, etc. to add to my accounting software?

Thanks.

B. Craig

Take a look through the Contributions where you can find a bunch of different Reports and exports. Make sure you BACK UP your files before you try any hacking around with them. Follow the instructions carefully and you'll have some nice functionality added to your store! Another way to do this is to use a tool to access the database directly. I use phpMyAdmin (free, open source), which is sometimes included in control panels by hosts. If not, it isn't hard to install. From there, you can download entire tables in csv format, rearrange them and upload what you need to UPS.

Thanks for the tips!

Brent

Take a look through the Contributions where you can find a bunch of different Reports and exports. Make sure you BACK UP your files before you try any hacking around with them. Follow the instructions carefully and you'll have some nice functionality added to your store! Another way to do this is to use a tool to access the database directly. I use phpMyAdmin (free, open source), which is sometimes included in control panels by hosts. If not, it isn't hard to install. From there, you can download entire tables in csv format, rearrange them and upload what you need to UPS.

Archived