• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Raising Table in index.php

starynightskyz

:blink: I am playing with my site and trying to give it a little bit of a personality of

its own. In the index.php file. I have added some html. With links and banner ads etc.

What I would like to do is raise the HTML up closer to the top so it connects with the header bar.

There is also the pesky little image at the top of the page I would like to get rid of

atleast on the index page.

Check out the page to see what I mean :D

I have searched and searched and it may be because im not fluent in php.

but I cant find any information regarding this.

Any help would be fantastic.

THANK YOU !

Nancy :D

PS if you visit the site you might notice the double best selling scrolls. I dont know how and when .. But thats my next post :D Thanx Again!

the little pic is "table_background_default.gif", located in catalog/images.    good looking store

Thanx Jemlin.

that helps me remove the picture. But it is still writen in the code that there is suposed to be an image there so im getting the lil box with the X

Do you know what the name is for the file that contains the layout for that portion of the page. Is it index or header, If I can find that I can probably delete it entirely.

Thanx

Nancy:D

The code for it is in the root level index.php file:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Vger

The code for it is in the root level index.php file:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Vger

Well that worked. Sort of. when i deleted it. it did get rid of the images and catagorie headings. Once you clicked on a catagorie, the images did go up to the top. So there was more I had to do. Unfortunately. It took all day, of back and forth changing php files and replacing them with the originals... eventually I did get it. But dosey me, I'm drawing a blank to the last thing I did that made it work.

Thanx both of you for your help. Its done and I'm greatfull. I'm just going to cross my fingers that I didn't screw anything else up :D

Archived