• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing small image from product page

hi10key

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the small image on the product detail page (the one that says 'Click to Enlarge'). I would prefer to just put a larger image right on the page immediately. I don't really see a point in having the small image repeated again when they already saw that on the previous subcategory page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sure!

In product_info.php, find the following code:

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="right">
           <tr>
             <td align="center" class="smallText">
<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
             </td>
           </tr>
         </table>

Play around with it a bit. You'll figure it out.

-jared

ok - at least i was looking at the right part of the code to edit! thanks! i tried playing around with it a bit, but i couldn't get it to work. i'll try again. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

you simply have to replace

<td align="center" class="smallText">
<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
            </td>

with

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], 'hspace="5" vspace="10"'); ?></td>

changing the values for hspace and vspace lets you customise the look.

BoF

Archived