• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I add HTML to pages?

hi10key

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. I've read various posts and have tried different things, but I still don't understand what I'm doing.

Basically, I want to know how to incorporate HTML into the main part of the page like after the 'TEXT_MAIN' part of the page.

What if I have a table? It did not seem to like this when I tried copying and pasting the HTML into the TEXT_MAIN area.

Please help if you can. I'm really frustrated. :(

Thanks!

Any html content you wish to appear in your page goes into the file located at the level of includes/languages/english/, and not after TEXT_MAIN in the root level file. So perhaps you are trying to put the code in the wrong file. For example, there is an index.php file at the root level, and there is another at the level of includes/languages/english/ and it's into this file that your content goes.

Also, you would be ill advised to run an osCommerce site on a domain with FrontPage extensions enabled. This, as we have seen in the past, causes all sorts of problems. Best advice is to get your hosting company to uninstall FrontPage extensions on that domain and to FTP your files to your site.

Vger

Thanks so much for trying to help me. I double checked which file I was editing, and I confirmed that I was editing the correct files under catalog/includes/languages/english. I just tried playing around with one of the files again - an FAQ page - and I think my problem might be not with the tables, per se, but with the links that I had set up within the tables in FrontPage. I think this is what has been jamming me up - I don't know the correct way to change the code to make hyperlinks or hotspots on an image map work.

Here is some sample code from my FAQ page where I was trying to plop in a table with 1) same page links 2) other website page links and 3) a mail to link. As it is now, it is coded straight out of FrontPage, which I realize is not correct, but I am really stuck on how to change these to make them work...

<TABLE border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="85%" id="table4">
 <TR>
   <TD><B><FONT face="Verdana">FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS</FONT></B></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD> </TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD><SPAN style="font-family: Verdana"><FONT size="2"><A href="#ship internationally">Do you 
   ship internationally?</A></FONT></SPAN></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD><SPAN style="font-family: Verdana"><FONT size="2"><A href="#safe to purchase">How do I know 
   it?s safe to purchase from your website?</A></FONT></SPAN></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD><SPAN style="font-family: Verdana"><FONT size="2"><A href="#wholesale">I represent a retail 
   store.  Do you sell wholesale?</A></FONT></SPAN></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD> </TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD>
   <P class="MsoNormal"><SPAN style="font-weight: 700"><FONT size="2" face="Verdana">
   <A name="ship internationally"></A>Do you ship internationally?</FONT></SPAN></P>
   <SPAN style="font-family: Verdana"><FONT size="2">Yes, we do ship internationally.  However, 
   please make sure to contact us via email to place your order, as our website is not able to 
   calculate the appropriate shipping costs for international orders.  </FONT></SPAN>
   <FONT face="Verdana" size="2">Please be aware that your package may be subject to additional 
   customs clearance fees and duties, depending on the value of your order and your country's 
   customs policies.  If you are unaware of or unsure of your country's policies, we suggest 
   you contact your local customs office.  Grumpy Girl's standard method of international 
   shipping is via United States Postal Service Airmail.  Once we have sent your package, we 
   unfortunately have no control over international customs procedures and cannot be held 
   responsible for either customs fees and duties or delays due to customs.  </FONT>
   <SPAN style="font-family: Verdana"><FONT size="2">For more information about 
   shipping, please read our <A href="orderinfo.htm">ordering and shipping policies</A>.</FONT></SPAN></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD> </TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD>
   <P class="MsoNormal"><SPAN style="font-weight: 700"><FONT size="2" face="Verdana">
   <A name="safe to purchase"></A>How do I know it?s safe to purchase from your website?</FONT></SPAN></P>
   <P class="MsoNormal"><FONT size="2" face="Verdana">We use PayPal to process all of our website 
   shopping transactions.  PayPal is a free service that allows you to charge purchases to a major 
   credit card, or to electronically transfer funds from your bank account via a<I> secure server</I>.  
   We highly recommend utilizing our shopping cart feature and submitting your payment via PayPal, 
   which is <I>internationally recognized as the secure online payment leader</I>.  Anyone with an 
   email address can pay via PayPal - you don't even need to open an account.  If you would like 
   more information about PayPal, please visit their website at
   <A style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; text-underline: single" 
   href="http://www.paypal.com/">www.paypal.com</A>.</FONT></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD> </TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
   <TD>
   <P class="MsoNormal"><B><FONT size="2" face="Verdana"><A name="wholesale"></A>I represent a 
   retail store.  Do you sell wholesale?</FONT></B></P>
   <FONT size="2"><SPAN style="font-family: Verdana">Yes.  With the growing popularity of Grumpy 
   Girl, we are currently looking for retailers whom we feel would be a good match for the Grumpy 
   Girl product line.  If you are a retailer and would like more information, please contact us at
   <A style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; text-underline: single" 
   href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A> with your company name and 
   brief description, contact information, and reseller's license # or other appropriate form of 
   ID. </SPAN></FONT><SPAN style="font-size: 12.0pt; font-family: Times New Roman"> </SPAN></TD>
 </TR>
</TABLE>

Would you be able to offer some direction as to how I should fix the links? This is where I'm really stuck, I think.

Thank you.

Archived