• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Big error, been trying to fix for days please help

kris10ized

Hello, i tried to post this on the contrib forum but my problem is still not solved.

Please try to access my admin www.onestoptrendshop.com/admin

You will get this error:

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onestopt/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onestopt/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/onestopt/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Problem. Both files exist. I have replaced them and they are there and should work. I have the application_top.php it is there... and the navigation_hostiry.php is there.

I got this problem after i tried to download the contrib "how did you hear about us"

I cant access my admin in my store so i can start to add items. please can someone help? Is there a team member that could log ina nd try to fix it or something. I really have no idea and it's so upsetting! :'( it's been like this for over a week and i just cannot fix it. I dont want to reinstall the store because i have put so much work into it so far. i would greatly greatly apreciate any help. I apologize for my ignorance to the program...i'm just a newbie :(

Thank you :)

Kristen

Is your store "live"? Did you back it up before you did this? If not, this should be a lesson to all who read it. Back up! Back up! Back up! I did the same thing once and learned the hard way. I had to rebuild from scratch (20 hours lost, ouch). Luckily, it was not a "live" store at the time.

I tried your Admin link, but you have the directory proteted. Quick question: did you install the contrib files for a "clean installation" or for "modifying only"? This matters greatly since you've said you made a bunch of changes already. It might be best to back up everything now and then try to backtrace everything you did.

You might also be able to get your host to restore your files from a backup they took ten days ago (pre-problem). Contact them and see how far back they go and if they can do it. Just be sure it won't hurt anything else you've done in the meantime.

I am so dumb about this stuff, i didnt know how to back up. I did press the backup in the admin, but i dont know how to access it since i can't access my admin, and i dont think i even did it right...bleh. Yes this is a lesson. And those contribs thats a lesson for me not even to use them anymore LOL

Thank you for your reply and very good idea to ask my host if they have a backup :) :) thanks agaiN!

Is your store "live"? Did you back it up before you did this? If not, this should be a lesson to all who read it. Back up! Back up! Back up! I did the same thing once and learned the hard way. I had to rebuild from scratch (20 hours lost, ouch). Luckily, it was not a "live" store at the time.

I tried your Admin link, but you have the directory proteted. Quick question: did you install the contrib files for a "clean installation" or for "modifying only"? This matters greatly since you've said you made a bunch of changes already. It might be best to back up everything now and then try to backtrace everything you did.

You might also be able to get your host to restore your files from a backup they took ten days ago (pre-problem). Contact them and see how far back they go and if they can do it. Just be sure it won't hurt anything else you've done in the meantime.

My pleasure. I remember the frustration I went through. The backup you performed was for the database only. It won't help with modified files. Try your host. Maybe they can save you the headache! Be careful allowing anyone into your files. A tricky person could compromise security on you.

Don't fear the Contribs! They are the lifeblood of OSC. Just remember the danger and back up first.

These errors have been fixed :D

This was due to a common problem - files that should have been uploaded to /includes/ were in fact uploaded to admin/includes/ :-"

Matti

Thank you!! :) Okay I will back up first, i think I know how through my cpanel now. So I will do that. Thank you for your comments!

My pleasure. I remember the frustration I went through. The backup you performed was for the database only. It won't help with modified files. Try your host. Maybe they can save you the headache! Be careful allowing anyone into your files. A tricky person could compromise security on you.

Don't fear the Contribs! They are the lifeblood of OSC. Just remember the danger and back up first.

Archived