• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during quer

breamillman

I've been working on loading products and getting everything perfect at my new store. I'm down to crunch time - (have to launch may 1) and OF COURSE i'm now encountering error messages.

When i'm entering product details I keep getting the following message

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select products_name from products_description where products_id = '437' and language_id = '1'

Everything is still uploading to the database- and all products are there. I can still add new products with the one button- but I can't get to the "edit" "delete" "copy" buttons that come up on the side- so if I screw up on the details of the product (which is possible since I haven't slept in 3 days due to the rapidly approaching deadline and still 1000 products to enter) I can't fix it.

It seems to not happen in all product "categories" just in the one where I have over 130 products.

I kind of thought maybe it was timing out loading the page since I'm using a dialup connection (dsl and cable are NOT available here) although it doesn't say it's timing out.

Any ideas why it's happening- and how to fix it so I can get this done?

Please and thanks!

This sometimes happens if you have entered https pathways in your configure.php files when you have no ssl cert installed - the server then terminates the connection.

Vger

This sometimes happens if you have entered https pathways in your configure.php files when you have no ssl cert installed - the server then terminates the connection.

Vger

Thanks Vger so much for answering- I was beginning to think all my questions had a note invisible to only me saying 'don't respond to this question'. :blink:

I don't think thats it though.

I haven't done anything to configure.php

It doesn't throw that error in any of my product categories except the one with the most products. I've been working on setting this up for a month and it didn't start doing that until last night when I got over around 130 products in that 1 category. It's since been throwing that error (last 18 hours or so) 98% of the time????

Do you think it could be the timing out due to sloooooooooow internet connection speeds and it's a big file loading in my browser or am I way off base?

I just really need that beautiful COPY button that now isn't appearing..

sigh

Thanks again

Sounds like it is timing out, although usually this will throw an error to that effect (timeout).

Sometimes the following will work if placed before a lengthy query:

tep_set_time_limit(0);

Matti

Sounds like it is timing out, although usually this will throw an error to that effect (timeout).

Sometimes the following will work if placed before a lengthy query:

tep_set_time_limit(0);

Matti

Thanks Matti for replying.

Can I just enter that into my sql database - if so where and how?? hahah.. I ask a lot, or so I'm told. :rolleyes: I haven't really messed in the actual database phpmyadmin or sql stuff. (I've tried a few contributions that I had to run queries in the actual database- but thats it and everything was unsuccessful!)

I'm actually working within the admin program (data entry cut and paste type stuff) so I'm not actually entering code and such directly in the sql (the program does all that work).

I did time it with my watch several times and it seems to throw that error after around 75 seconds of loading that page.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot. My brain is functioning at about 10% due to lack of sleep!!!!!!!!!

Again, thanks.

Can I just enter that into my sql database - if so where and how??

No - this is PHP code and should go just before the database query.

But, you should not have this problem at all.... looking at your post again it appears you have made a change in categories.php that is generating an endless loop. Try replacing the file :D

Matti

No - this is PHP code and should go just before the database query.

But, you should not have this problem at all.... looking at your post again it appears you have made a change in categories.php that is generating an endless loop.  Try replacing the file :D

Matti

hum...

Thanks I'll take a look at categories.php

I could have done something there.. :-"

Aftering adding about 20 more items in that category it now throws that error before the add product button comes up at the bottom so now theres no way to add, delete, move, copy, ANYTHING to any of the files in that category. And still happening about 75 seconds in.

I did have 3 friends with DSL or Cable test it out on their systems and it worked fine for them... so.. my conclusion: dial up sucks in oh so many ways.

I did ironically late last night (3 seconds before I officially lost my mind) get a postponement for the rate increase (the reason i'm switching stores) until June 15 (from May 1). So I have til then to figure this mess out plus a good night sleep made me figure a way around some of the things I didn't like about "subcategories" so I think I'll go that route to make the files smaller and see what happens! At least until technology makes it to my house to make my internet connection faster.

Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested (or has the same problem and is looking for an answer)-

It WAS the dial up connection.

I went to a friends and used her computer & cable connection to create some subcategories and moved everything from the large main cat. to several smaller subcats.

Came back home and voila!! It's all working again. I guess the key to dial up is keep your product categories with around a 100 or less items otherwise your browser will automatically time out because it takes sooo stinking long to load.

I also must say that I accomplished in about an hour on a cable connection what would have taken me SERIOUSLY probably 15 hours on dial up.

Dial up is the worst thing ever.

<_<

Archived