• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Product Layout?

flylice

Hi all,

Newbie here... I have installed OScommerce and loved what it can do in the backoffice. But my delimma is that I have only one product, and have no need to show all the modules from the left or the right, or even new products, except languages options maybe. I cannot find anything in the admin panel to take the stuff out. So I would like to know how I can start to cut all the features.

Many Thanks!

Hi all,

Newbie here... I have installed OScommerce and loved what it can do in the backoffice. But my delimma is that I have only one product, and have no need to show all the modules from the left or the right, or even new products, except languages options maybe. I cannot find anything in the admin panel to take the stuff out. So I would like to know how I can start to cut all the features.

Many Thanks!

with only 1 product, OSC is overkill, would you not agree ?

Treasurer MFC

I set up a one item store for someone and it works very well. You just have to do some editing to the pages themselves, unfortunetly it can not be done via the admin.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I set up a one item store for someone and it works very well. You just have to do some editing to the pages themselves, unfortunetly it can not be done via the admin.

Thanks! The reason why I like OSC is the backend stuff. So Wendy, can I just take out the modules in the pages till I clean it all up?

-SB

Thanks! The reason why I like OSC is the backend stuff. So Wendy, can I just take out the modules in the pages till I clean it all up?

-SB

Two ways to do it. Edit

/catalog/includes/column_right.php

/catalog/includes/column_left.php

or

remove them entirely from index.php

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

-SB

You can pretty much remove just about anything you want to in OSC, either to make it work the way you want to, or the way it looks.

You just have to be sure that you remove all of the code that goes with whatever you are removing... or that you do not accidentally remove something you need.

Just back up everything and test as you go along. It is what I do, incase I have a problem I can just go back a step or two.

Good luck.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived