• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Control what's displyed in "New Products for APril

LisaT

HI there,

I'm populating a site as I go along and I would like to control what's displayed in the box on the index page titles "New Products for APril"

Can I do this?

I'd like to maybe change the title of the box to "Bestsellers" or something and then decide myself which products I would like displayed.

Thanks in advance.

If you're any good at html, you can create this in the language text for the index page. That's: catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Just set up a list or some pics that link to the products you want to feature.

I believe the New Products for... is tied to the entry in the database table "products" field "products_date_added". If you have access to the database directly, you can tweak this. It would take regular updates to keep your favorites current. I like the first one better. In fact, there are some pretty cool things you could try on the index page. i have a scroller that slides pictures of my favorites (products I want to feature) across a box. Hover on one and it pauses the slider. The alt text pops up the product name (in most browsers) and a click goes to the product page. It was relatively easy to set up and, best of all, FREE! It came from dynamic drives. it is a javascript. If you or anyone shows an interest, I'll get more specific about where and how.

Archived