• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auction module?

pixelsoul

• 1 month later...
:thumbsup: Does anybody know if there exists an auction extension for Os commerce, so that items could be sold to the highest bider and registered members can put their own products online etc..

There is a demmand for such moudle, I, Myself, am looking for it as weel. I wish a nice php programmer make us all a favor with such mod...

Eyal.

:thumbsup: Does anybody know if there exists an auction extension for Os commerce, so that items could be sold to the highest bider and registered members can put their own products online etc..

There is a demmand for such moudle, I, Myself, am looking for it as weel. I wish a nice php programmer make us all a favor with such mod...

Eyal.

I am sure someone using osCommerce outthere already has such an extension up and running.

I'm sure I saw it somewhere implemented in OSC site, but I can't recall where. From what I've read in some posts here, a moudle like this is complicated to make, I really wish someone will do this favor for us all.

Eyal.

There are some interest for something like this, read on in this tread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134119

Is that the same phpauction that I listed?

Its the same basis, but one you can download and use for free, the one you listed comes with a fee. (And the one you listed is not the basis version but one with a custom shop module)

That is a whole other program all together. Look at this, http://www.phpauction.org/m_stores.php it also has a demo site you can view.

What I saw is a complete moudle integrated in OSC. The auction link you gave me sits outside of OSC and doesn't support multilanguage. :blink:

Thanks,

Eyal.

It does support multilanguage, you just have to look at the site fully. It can be easily intergrated into OSC as easy as a link from a infobox. You can theme it exactly how your store is so no one will even know it is not part of your store. Plus you can direct the calls to use your OSC checkout or use the check out of the software. I have use it a couple of times for clients

USER INTERFACE

* customizable HTML templates for easy design changes

* mySQL database back end for superior control over data

* HTML product listings with up loadable photos

* Complete search function which searches entire database for products

* The display of current users and current auctions

* New user registration

* Users login/logout

* "Forgot your password?"

* User defined usernames

* Password retrieval via email

* Free bids for registered users

* Email notification of bids

* Auctions: User defined Item descriptions

* Users can upload pictures

* Reserve prices, minimum bids

* Standard, dutch auctions

* View bid history

* Auction Displays: Displayed seller name and information

* Displayed quantity of items

* Ability to send auction to a friend

* Browsable categories

* Displays the last created auctions

* Displays the Highest bids

* Displays Auctions ending soon

* Help system

* News system

* Money formatting options

* Item Watch

* Auction Watch ( Keyword(s) entered to search new listings)

* Seller's Black List

* Seller's Invited Buyers List

* Remember me option on login page

* eBay like feedbacks

* Multilingual support

ADMIN BACKEND

* Password protected admin program

* Changeable currency labels for use in different countries

* Configuration of admin e-mail address

* Configuration of categories

* Configuration of countries table

* Configuration of payment methods

* Configuration of auctions duration

* Configuration of bid increments

* Edit/Delete Users

* Edit/Delete Auctions

* Add/edit/delete Help System topics

* Add/edit/delete news

* Home page categories list sorting

* eBay-like feedbacks and membership levels

* Page background management

* Banners Management System

* IP banning

* Auction autoextension

* Multilingual support administration

Dont go with this script, i have to customize it, and it is probably the worst script ever wirtten.. about 50% of the code works, and the other 50% is written crap..

Even the bids dont work like they should i made one for $200 and it made $1.000.0000

Anyways if you consider to purchase this one don't you will regret it for the rest of your life, i am busy for over 3 weeks now to get it working properly :angry:

Anyways i need something integrated with Os Commerce, perhaps if there is a need we can set up something to develop it togheter the cost will be cheaper then..

Anyways ill update if the project continues :)

As it seems there is no such thing yet, and its pretty much work.

That is a whole other program all together. Look at this, http://www.phpauction.org/m_stores.php it also has a demo site you can view.

Dont go with this script, i have to customize it, and it is probably the worst script ever wirtten.. about 50% of the code works, and the other 50% is written crap..

Even the bids dont work like they should i made one for $200 and it made $1.000.0000

Anyways if you consider to purchase this one don't you will regret it for the rest of your life, i am busy for over 3 weeks now to get it working properly  :angry:

Anyways i need something integrated with Os Commerce, perhaps if there is a need we can set up something to develop it togheter the cost will be cheaper then..

Anyways ill update if the project continues :)

As it seems there is no such thing yet, and its pretty much work.

Sorry to hear you had troubles with it. I have used it 3 times for clients and they love it and I have not had problems with it at all. It all just depends on the user who is working with it. Same thing can be said about this program not working as it has been noted by several people. You can run it in the background and create a new infobox then run it as a Iframe that will scroll, or show random auctions or how ever you want. It's not really all that hard make a module. If I had the time I would write one.

Archived