• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

login redirect to login.php in AOL/Older Netscape

pcs

I only recently found this bug and once I found it, I haven't seen the same problem in other Oscommerce websites.

The website is http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/catalog/ .

If you go to this site with AOL or some older versions of Netscape (I haven't established which yet), everything appears normally. If you click on anything within the store (the rest of the site is php-nuke) you are immediately redirected to http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/catalog/login.php . Once at this login screen, a user cannot go to any other part of the store, they are just redirected to the login screen again.

I have installed:

PWA 0.70

LoginBox v5.3

Autologin Secure 2.01

main categories 1.23?

attrib sort 1.11

cc infobox 1.0

cgdiscountspecials 1.3e

displaychoice

editorders 1.2a

fedex direct 2.04

printorderwithstorelogo v2

sts 2.00

and perhaps a few others.

Has anyone run into a similar problem. Where might I look for the redirect that is occuring? Is this a cookie handling issue or something else? I am tempted to just tell people to use a better browser :-" because newer versions of netscape, ie, firefox, etc work fine. Any help or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• 10 months later...

Hi

I have the same problem with quite a few customers, one being from AOL. Have you found out what is causing this problem and do you have a solution. Please let me know? Thanks.

I only recently found this bug and once I found it, I haven't seen the same problem in other Oscommerce websites.

If you go to this site with AOL or some older versions of Netscape (I haven't established which yet), everything appears normally. If you click on anything within the store (the rest of the site is php-nuke) you are immediately redirected to http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/catalog/login.php . Once at this login screen, a user cannot go to any other part of the store, they are just redirected to the login screen again.

I have been having this problem also. I didn't understand at first why people were telling me they had to register just to look at my site, when others didn't have a problem. Then I found out it was only the AOL users. I need help for this also, or I'm going to have to change shopping carts as this is not good for business ykwim?

Thanks,

Rhonda

• 10 months later...
I have been having this problem also. I didn't understand at first why people were telling me they had to register just to look at my site, when others didn't have a problem. Then I found out it was only the AOL users. I need help for this also, or I'm going to have to change shopping carts as this is not good for business ykwim?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Check your settings in Admin - Configuration - Sessions - Check Ip Addresses

Some web servers change the IP address randomly which will cause this error. Set this to NO and see if that clears it up........it did for me.

Archived