• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help!!! customers/baskets and no sales

I hope someone can help, I need to know if my shop is malfunctioning or something. I have a lot of customers who browse and then place items in the basket and then disappear!!! Why don't they continue with the sale???

Am I doing something wrong??

Any advice would be great. :(

Lisa,

Do you have Prevent Spider Sessions turned on in Admin->Configuration->Sessions and an updates spiders.txt contrib? It could be Spiders indexng the sites. Also, an updated robots.txt will keep them out of the shopping cart page and others they shouldn't access.

ed

Lisa,

Do you have Prevent Spider Sessions turned on in Admin->Configuration->Sessions and an updates spiders.txt contrib?  It could be Spiders indexng the sites.  Also, an updated robots.txt will keep them out of the shopping cart page and others they shouldn't access.

ed

would they actually choose an item and place it in the basket?

Lisa,

The bots click every link on your page. The Add to Cart button is a link so yes, they will. Do these visitors tend to roam around the site for hours, building up a large cart of dozens of items? If so, it's probably spiders.

ed

Lisa,

The bots click every link on your page.  The Add to Cart button is a link so yes, they will.  Do these visitors tend to roam around the site for hours, building up a large cart of dozens of items?  If so, it's probably spiders.

ed

its only for a few minutes or so. The last one went in at 14:45 found an item, went to the extra description page then added it to the basket pressed the back button and then added another item, went to the payments and delivery page after clicking next, and then at 14:49 had logged off.

my webite is www.party-parlour.co.uk. see if I have any leaks.

its only for a few minutes or so. The last one went in  at 14:45 found an item, went to the extra description page then added it to the basket pressed the back button and then added another item, went to the payments and delivery page after clicking next, and then at 14:49 had logged off.

my webite is www.party-parlour.co.uk. see if I have any leaks.

bump

You have a problem with your SSL certificate and the session ID is appearing on every link which is a security concern.

You don't actually appear to have anything for sale (yet)... ?

I wouldn't worry - lots of people often browse sites and add stuff to their cart and then abandon - especially with the default OSC way of prompting for an account to be created - this scares them away.

You have a problem with your SSL certificate and the session ID is appearing on every link which is a security concern.

You don't actually appear to have anything for sale (yet)... ?

I wouldn't worry - lots of people often browse sites and add stuff to their cart and then abandon - especially with the default OSC way of prompting for an account to be created - this scares them away.

Its only the noddy stuff i'm taking reservations for because the suppliers have messed me about. I've got everything else.

thanks for looking

Archived