• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Copying shopping carts

ziggy13

Right now the company I'm making a site for offers their products on two levels, to retail customers and to wholesale customers.

Obviously the wholesale customers would be getting the same products for less of a price. I made a new shopping cart under the directory /wholesale and copied everything from the directory /retail over to that.

Is there anyway to get all of the products in my retail cart to show up in my wholesale cart without entering them all again the same way I did for the retail cart? I was hoping for a way just to copy everything over and then go and change all the prices.

Thanks in advance

you could have used the b2b, and had one store. else restore the db to the one u just created, then you will have to alter all the prices

Is there anyway to get all of the products in my retail cart to show up in my wholesale cart without entering them all again the same way I did for the retail cart?

All of your products are in the database. Why not just go to the database, add a second field for the wholesale prices, and make a slight modification to the php files to draw the correct price field?

I searched for B2B and so far I think it's some sort of plugin for OS Commerce, can you get me any more information on it?

How do I restore the database from the retail cart to the new wholesale cart I just created? I copied the whole cart folder on my FTP program but when I look at the wholesale cart none of my products are there.

As far as adding a second price field for the wholesale price, I think it's a little bit beyond me to do that because most users would be retail customers but some would be wholesale. The wholesale customers right now have to email us their store name, tax ID etc and then we email them back the password to access the wholesale shopping cart.

Am I making this more difficult than it should be?

Yes, you are, but that's ok, you've asked for help! Your products aren't in the folders and files, they are in the database, on your host's server. If you haven't touched the db, then it should still be fine. Did you change the prices when you made the new cart? B2B is a contribution, that you can add into your osc store, you would find it in the contributions section of the site (look for the tab up in the forum header). You find it, download it, read the install instructions carefully, read them again, make a back up of unedited file, edit a different copy of the file, upload the edited version, and give your site a try. Sounds bad, but it's not. If things don't work, you restore to the backup copy, and start over.

Jeremy

I downloaded the b2b but I'm totally stumped as to what to do next. It's a bunch of php files but I don't know where to upload them to.

Also in the instructions it says run the .sql file in the "sql" folder of this file...I have no idea what they're talking about. There's no "sql" folder anywhere I can see.

Also when I unzipped the b2b there were two files called customers.php, so one got overwritten when I saved it to my harddrive. Which one do I need?

One other thing, where I can find the database all my products are in, on my server?

Thanks a lot

ziggy13,

Its not very hard to import your existing products into a new database for a different store using a mysql admin progam like Navicat. you have to create the second store, then access both data bases through your MySQL server, then just export the populated database to the new empty database and WHALAA, your done.

navicat is shareware http://www.navicat.com/

If you have problems, contact me and I'll get you through it in a jiffy :)

Archived