• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a "gemstone" field for a jewelry

otacon221

Hi

my shop is a jewelry store. i was wondering if there is a way to add a field (like price, weight) for a product and then make the product sortable by it. Like add a field Gemstone and make it possible to sort all rings that have diamond, garnet, pearl, opal, topaz etc

Take a look in the contributions area, there are several there for adding new fields. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

This is the one I used:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,new+fields

There are others - try searching for 'new fields' in the Contributions section (link at top of forum pages).

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks a lot terry. I searched for easy addition of fields and probably thats why i didn't find this one. It is perfectly what i need.

1 last question. Is it possible to have a menu with like say 12 links in it. Each link corresponds to a Gemstone field(in my jewelry store) so when someone clicks on diamond, only diamon jewelry is shown.

Archived