• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1046 - No Database Selected

Hello,

I installed and was running osCommerce 2-2ms2 on Windows 2k, using WAMP5 - a bundle of Apache 1.3.33(Win32), PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 4.1.8 and PHPmyadmin 2.6.0pl-3. Everything was working fine - and I was beginning to modify the appearance of the store. Then I copied the remote version to my local machine, as I'd made some changes and wanted to keep up to date - and ran into problems.

I deleted and reinstalled WAMP5, and then added the catalog folder to the webroot - but when I went to start the installation (having switched register_globals on) I keep getting the following message:

"1046 - No database selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]"

Therefore I can't run the installation - in spite of deleting and reinstalling. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong - or how to get round it? Any advice gratefully received!

If you reinstalled your web server then you'll need to go to phpMyAdmin and set up a new blank database for the install to import the contents of install/oscommerce.sql into.

Vger

If you reinstalled your web server then you'll need to go to phpMyAdmin and set up a new blank database for the install to import the contents of install/oscommerce.sql into.

Vger

Thanks Vger! That's sorted it. I think I was going round in circles for too long! :thumbsup:

Archived