• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OpenSSL - Trying to get going

TCwho

I didnt post my problem at openssl forum since it is a German language forum, and not to many english post get answered...

I had Apache, MySQL, PHP 4, and phpmyadmin via EasyPHP. To install Openssl I needed to also install Perl. ... but I remembered that Xampp installs Openssl during its installation...

I am trying to create a public certificate and private key to use with the osC official PayPal IPN Module.

So I go to C:\apachefriends\xampp\apache\bin\openssl.exe

From the command prompt I enter:

genrsa -out my-prvkey.pem 1024

This creates the private key.

Now I try to create the public certificate using paypal Encypted Websites Payment PDF Manual. So at the command prompt I then type:

reg -new -key my-prvkey.pem -x509 -days 365 -out my-pubcert.pem

BUT! This gives me the following Error:

Unable to load config info from /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf error in req

My quess is since openssl is not installed to the root of the webserver...(which I read when I was trying to do it manually - however Im am not certain on any of this)

Please help. My Webserver is giving me the run around and just told me they cant give me the private key, even the my ssl certificate issuer gave me the public certificate and told me to contact my webhost for private key...

Then they told me I cant even install openssl because I dont have the permissions on their shared server and that I the solution would be to switch webhosts!

Thank you.

Not meaning to give any offense but this is out of scope for this forum's purpose. There are lots and lots of forums devoted to the setup and maintenance of various operating systems, Redhat, Freebsd etc.

It's an excellent question. You've done a good job of framing it. This just isn't the right place for it.

BUT, if your webhost isn't willing to help or support you, changing hosts is a very good option. There are lots of osC friendly hosts out there as well

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Archived