• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Review

I like it Nice simple site.

I personally don't like the flat black nav bar, maybe use an image instead incorporating the grey stripe in the logo. This will give it some depth and take the harshness off the black.

The black footer bar doesn't go all the way accross the page on the home page but it does on the product pages.

I would get rid of the create account bit as i have on my site. See it here. The amount of sales increased immediately. Change the login page to returning customers only, get rid of the new customer box. Edit your shopping cart.php the bit where if the customer is not registered redirect to log-in, change this to create account. The continue in create_account.php change from create_account success page to checkout_shipping.php. This gets rid of a couple of checkout pages and doesn't give the impression you have to create an account before you can buy anything. The creation of the account is then part of the checkout.

Get rid of the My Account in the nav bar, so it only appears when you are logged in.

Maybe it's just me, but i don't know the reason for having a home and catalog in the nav bar. They both do the same thing. I have removed the catalog text from my english.php.

There is a large gap at the top of your home page before the "Our Stealth Shad 200 Series " It looks like something is missing.

In the forum, i couldn't find a button to get back to the shop.

I think there are nicer buttons you could use for the buy now and continue etc. The site looks good but the buttons look a bit cheap.

Not too sure about the text alignment being centered, looks a bit untidy.

All this said, nice site though.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Julian, is there a contrib for the Create Account Bit?

thanks in advance.

I don't think so, but not too sure. But that is pretty much all you have to do.

Change the login page to returning customers only, get rid of the new customer box. Edit your checkout_shipping.php (i said cart before! that was wrong, sorry) the bit where if the customer is not registered redirect to log-in, change this to create_account. The continue in create_account.php change from create_account success page to checkout_shipping.php.

I can send you the code for those pages if you want to try them, but i have a lot of tweaks and mods so they might not be suitable for your site.

But just editing those lines mentioned above should do it.

I have also removed pretty much everything apart from the boxes of importance from all of the checkout to speed up the page load times as the checkout is long enough without it being slow aswell.

ie, left and right columns gone, stripped the footer, changed the header logo to a small txt logo that just says our store secure checkout. Removed the billing address bit, all the edit bits except for delivery address etc etc. Tried to simplify it all.

Also put a small explanation next to some of the fields in create account.php including the password bit. Removed all traces of create account and account references from the nav bar and page titles etc.

You can do a test purchase on my site and see what you think, just register your name as Seminoletest or something. You can go straight through checkout until you reach the final payment page then click cancel.

I could do with someone elses opinion anyway. My Store

HTH

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

I'm new at this but thought I should review some sites since the group looked at mine and helped me out.

When I opened your site, it caught my attention right away. I like the color and layout a lot. One issue I found is, when you are in the shopping cart area and "click to enlarge" the photo, it opens a new window but remains the same thumbnail size.

Also, I agree with Boxtel, I was frustrated trying to get to the product description.

All in all I think it's a very clean and simple site. I would buy from it (as long as the prices were good).

Great Job

the product image and product name are links to enlarge image popups. and your buy now button is actually points to product description. like the last 2 posts, looking from customer perspective; they expect the product name link to point to product info and buy now button to put the item in the basket. Why wouldn't you have it that way? You may have your reason, please share, cuz I cant think of any...

I do like your site, it's far from stock and images are great.

I actually removed the product description page due to the fact that its the same product just a different color.

I am curious as to how many would like to see it come back.

Thanks

Rick

Although I am a keen fisherman, the front page of the site is a bit tmae with big white spaces everywhere....

However, I went into the lure section and it seemed to get better :D

I like the carp pictures......but.....put some more detail on your front page....other than that, I would buy but only because I know how much effort goes into setting up a new store....well done...

I actually removed the product description page due to the fact that its the same product just a different color.

I am curious as to how many would like to see it come back.

Thanks

Rick

one thing though, about the buy now button... if a customer clicks on it, they want to buy it... NOW so why would you not have it put in the cart right away?? CLOSE THE SALE! lol

Archived