• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email config problem

:( I am fairly new to my ecommerce site but slowly getting better. The current problem I have is that I cannot config my email to go to outlook(express). I have clicked the link on my site email and downloaded the reg key. When I try to send and receive email I get this message - unable to connect to the incoming mail server(POP3). Please verify the port and SSL settings for the incoming server. I have not changed anything since the download incase i mess it up.

:( I am fairly new to my ecommerce site but slowly getting better.  The current problem I have is that I cannot config my email to go to outlook(express). I have clicked the link on my site email and downloaded the reg key.  When I try to send and receive email I get this message - unable to connect to the incoming mail server(POP3). Please verify the port and SSL settings for the incoming server.  I have not changed anything since the download incase i mess it up.

?

Would you rephrase this question and it's relation to osC step by step?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

this has nothing to do with osCommerce, that is between your web server email and your connection to the server, not an osCommerce issue.

?

Would you rephrase this question and it's relation to osC step by step?

Iggy

I have set up my email account through cpanelx so I can receive email from my site. This works fine. What I want to do is to set up outlook express as my email manager. I have clicked on the link on my email settings page to automatically enter details into outlook express, but I get the error message I stated.

this has nothing to do with osCommerce, that is between your web server email and your connection to the server, not an osCommerce issue.

Your help would be appreciated though!! Or a point in the right direction?

Your help would be appreciated though!! Or a point in the right direction?

I think you're misunderstanding how the two things work. Setup osC to send email to the address of your choosing ([email protected] for example. You'll find it in the admin section under Configuration > My Store) it will then send a message to that address which will be recieved by a mail server. Then use Outlook to connect to the mail server and retrieve the mail.

osC isn't the mailserver so what (I think) you're trying to do won't work.

To get this cleared up give your hosting provider a ring and tell them what you'd like to achieve. They should set you right up and be the last word on how to do this.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

• 4 months later...

I have figured out this problem!! It was to do with security settings to allow outlook to access the mailserver.

Problem now is that I can't send emails out but can receive them. I have tried using same setings but does not work!!!!

Archived