• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stumped

Wendy James

Hi all

I have a question and hope someone may be able to help.

I have installed ADMIN ACCESS with LEVEL and Categories, Products Images Folder Tree V 1.2 and automatic thumbnail creator

When uploading a manufacturers image everything works fine.

When uploading a catagory image I get this error...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 123414/123414 is not allowed to access (then the path to the new catagory just created)

when uploading a product image, I just get the standard "file was not uploaded" message.

The thing that has me stumped is I have the same exact setup on my localmachine and there are no problems at all runing those three contributions together.

Any ideas anyone? :'(

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi, The problem is that in the online environment your hosting company is running with PHP in Safe Mode, which is disallowing the file_upload capability in PHP itself.

With some hosts who run their sites in High Security mode you'll find a local php.ini file somewhere in your FTP folder structure. If you have a local php.ini you can turn off Safe Mode in php.ini. There are two problems with this:

1. Your hosting company may not like you doing this.

2. Every time your hosting applies an upgrade to the control panel and/or PHP any local php.ini files will get overwritten again.

I don't know if you will be able to enable file_upload via a .htaccess file in the root of your domain, but it's worth a try.

php_flag file_uploads On

Vger

Thanks a lot Vger, I figured it was somethng like that. It is actually someone elses host/site that I am working on and they are doing it for someone else... lol So we are going to move the site to the other persons server and see if they will have the same issue or not.

I was just thrown off because it was allowing some things and not others. Seemed weird to me.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your responce. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived