• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Issues???

Hi All, I am doing a new install of oscommerce but when I try and import the database in web setup all I get is a blank screen with "database import" and "new installation" in the top left hand corner, no error messages or database import sucessful message either, I have double checked database name, username,passwd etc but still no joy!! The database is on the webserver so i tried putting the ip address of the server as 127.0.0.1 and then localhost but still no joy!! can anyone help???pleeeease???

• 3 weeks later...

I was having a similar problem when installing on a windows machine. For me the problem was that I am using php5 which does not have mysql functionality enabled automatically like php4 did. I fixed it by doing the following:

Copy libmysql.dll to your windows root directory. Then edit your php.ini so that the following lines look something like this:

extension_dir = "C:/php/ext/"

extension=php_mysql.dll

Hope it works for you. If it doesn't then the problem is probably related to your php installation since you aren't seeing any errors thrown.

• 3 months later...
I was having a similar problem when installing on a windows machine.  For me the problem was that I am using php5 which does not have mysql functionality enabled automatically like php4 did.  I fixed it by doing the following:

Copy libmysql.dll to your windows root directory.  Then edit your php.ini so that the following lines look something like this:

extension_dir = "C:/php/ext/" 

extension=php_mysql.dll

Hope it works for you.  If it doesn't then the problem is probably related to your php installation since you aren't seeing any errors thrown.

I am using php5 also but it doesn't solve. >_<

Archived