• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help, need php experts

moonbeam

Let me explain...

I have header tags contibution running on site. I have installed WYSIWYG contibution 4 days ago. I merged the admin/catagories.php of the two contributions together. Now when I go to view a products page in Admin I get nothing but OsCommerce copyright displayed at the top of the page. My products are gone.

When I replace the catagories.php with one from either contribution, that contribution works and my products are back. So I assume everything is fine with the exception of the merged catagories.php.

I'm thinking if I could just get someone who knows php to look at it, maybe they could see the problem. I have searched forums and read endless lines of thread

for the hope of finding an answer, but no luck. I have compared the code on this for 4 days and still nothing.

I need a pro.

Please, please help me...Its starting to get cold and dark in here. I can here the cry of my own echoes...

Always greatful,

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Let me explain...

I have header tags contibution running on site. I have installed WYSIWYG contibution 4 days ago. I merged the admin/catagories.php of the two contributions together. Now when I go to view a products page in Admin I get nothing but OsCommerce copyright displayed at the top of the page. My products are gone.

When I replace the catagories.php with one from either contribution, that contribution works and my products are back. So I assume everything is fine with the exception of the merged catagories.php.

I'm thinking if I could just get someone who knows php to look at it, maybe they could see the problem. I have searched forums and read endless lines of thread

for the hope of finding an answer, but no luck. I have compared the code on this for 4 days and still nothing.

I need a pro.

Please, please help me...Its starting to get cold and dark in here. I can here the cry of my own echoes...

Always greatful,

Moon

How did you perform the merge - i.e what app did you use ?

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

I think it was called Win Compare and Merge. Sadly, i'm not at my computer. It was something I pulled from the net a trial that gives me 50 compare and merges.

I think it was called Win Compare and Merge. Sadly, i'm not at my computer. It was something I pulled from the net a trial that gives me 50 compare and merges.

Here is what I would do

1) re-install the original admin/categories.php

2) using your merge app apply the first contrib's categories.php

3) test

4) backup new working categories.php

5) using your merge app apply the second contrib's categories.php

I would not merge the 2 contib categories.php directly.

Try this - if you are still having trouble - If you send me three categories.php files I will have a quick look at merging them for you (depending of course on amount of work involved :D )

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Here is what I would do

1) re-install the original admin/categories.php

2) using your merge app apply the first contrib's categories.php

3) test

4) backup new working  categories.php

5) using your merge app apply the second contrib's categories.php

I would not merge the 2 contib categories.php directly.

Try this - if you are still having trouble - If you send me three categories.php files I will have a quick look at merging them for you (depending of course on amount of work involved  :D  )

Charles

Geez! I am misty eyed... Just when I thought no one cared.

Yes, I did merge the two directly. I will do as you say!...I'll do it tonight.

I am so happy right now, thank you so much for the offer.

Thanks again Charles you are the best!

Archived