• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Press Blurb

echnaton

Hallo,

I get asked alot to explain and write about what OsCommerce actually is, and how it works etc. etc.

I thought it might be something for the community to get together on - a standard press blurb/description - I'm sure there are enough of you with marketing skills that could write a really good summary, to make OsCommerce stand above the plethora of other tools out there (which of course it does - it's just hard to explain that to Joe Public in terms he/she can understand).

This document could then be translated by community members into every language, and used freely by all those working woith or promoting OsCommerce.

Maybe something like this already exists?

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

:blush:

Who is Harald?

C'mon marketing people - it could be a joint effort, everyone writes three lines of what they feel is important and what makes OsC so great....

OsCommerce is a powerful, community based online shopping based solution suitable for small business to large scale enterprises. Up and running within hours, the system can be fine tuned to meet your exact needs. A large, knowledgabel and helpful community is at hand to provide help, tips, or upgrades that tailor the system to fit your business - whether it be multi-language support, or the fine details of world wide taxation systems, more often than not there will be a tried and tested upgrade package already available. If not, the community gets together to share knowledge and experience, helping you and OsCommerce progress to be the perfect shopping solution on the internet today.

:lol:

Well it's a start!

Who is Harald?

You must be kidding

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

:blush:

Oh right Harald Ponce de Leon...I checked the member list and found a Harald with no posts and was like (please sing drunkenly) "Harald? Who the **** is Harald?!"

:-"

:lol:

But anyway, lets get this going - I dont see any need to PM people about this at such an early stage, we can come up with something good first then see what the OsC team makes of it.

:thumbsup:

if you are going to write a press release about osCommerce it is advisable you contact the 'Head of the Yellow Submarine', Harald, who started this project. I do not think you want to release anything to the press about something you do not know anything about nor have used, etc., let along probably having the rights to do so.

what are your qualifications and whom are you going to release the information to?

if you are going to write a press release about osCommerce it is advisable you contact the 'Head of the Yellow Submarine', Harald, who started this project. I do not think you want to release anything to the press about something you do not know anything about nor have used, etc., let along probably having the rights to do so.

what are your qualifications and whom are you going to release the information to?

These things have no bearing on anything, he can write whatever and discribe his experience with osCommerce without any experience or knowledge of osC.

As for rights, go check your consitution....lol (freedom of the Press??)

who will he release it to? whom evert he wants to do so...

If you are interested in writing a press release, feel free to write whatever you feel is justified. Being Freedom of the Press thing, if you find that the project needs additional praise then do so, if not then say so as well. You do not need anyones input nor permission to write on something which is both freely available and so widely used.

You have all the right to say whatever you feel is justified, but be forewarned that things you state must be backed up by facts/experiences with as well. Your opinion is fine to state things also, I believe there is a page somewhere on the site which already points out different press releases/articles written on the osCommerce project.

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived