• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Address = Email Address

Hello,

I searched and I search and when I found it in this forum, no one answered this guys question. Perhaps it was because he spoke with broken english.

How do we do this?

We offer products that are cutom made and are shipped via email.

1. Change the Delivery Address during check out to display the persons Email Address.

:-"

I'm not really sure what your wanting, you want the customer to see this their own email address? Couldnt it just be required to register?

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

I'm not really sure what your wanting, you want the customer to see this their own email address? Couldnt it just be required to register?

Thank you for responding.

Yes it is a redundant issue. But when the customer is checking out, they need to see that the produts are going to be Emailed to them. So, when checking out, there should be an option for them to specify the delivery address as there email address? (They may want us to mail (good old fashion USPS) them copies as well.

Does this make sense?

Best just to create an attribute which factors in which they want, shipped copy or emailed copy. That way they select it and they know, you see it in the invoice and know, you may get back some shipping charges for the (good old fashion USPS) if you hafta mail stuff, and ofcourse invoices and the like all reflect what they wanted.

I mainly just specify at Checkout_Success that the items are downloadable (Going to be emailed, etc.) in big bold red letters just to get my point across.

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

Best just to create an attribute which factors in which they want, shipped copy or emailed copy. That way they select it and they know, you see it in the invoice and know, you may get back some shipping charges for the (good old fashion USPS) if you hafta mail stuff, and ofcourse invoices and the like all reflect what they wanted.

I mainly just specify at Checkout_Success that the items are downloadable (Going to be emailed, etc.) in big bold red letters just to get my point across.

Is there a way to display their email address under their shipping address? Add this idea to yours, then I think that solves the issue.

Archived