• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Assistance with product attribute

I own a footwear website and having problems adding sizes to each individual image. I need help to implement a drop down menu that will show sizes 8-12 for mens footwear, mens casual need sizes 7-13 and womens 4.5-7...Check out the web site and click on each image so you get more of an idea of the situation...thanks... www.sneakerattic.com

Set up three option names in Products Attributes:

Mens

Mens Casual

Womens

Then add Option Values (sizes)

Then add Options Price

When you add items to your catalogue you will have to add them multiple times, selecting Option Names, Values, Prices for each, but then you'll have your drop-down box on the products page.

Vger

Set up three option names in Products Attributes:

Mens

Mens Casual

Womens

Then add Option Values (sizes)

Then add Options Price

When you add items to your catalogue you will have to add them multiple times, selecting Option Names, Values, Prices for each, but then you'll have your drop-down box on the products page.

Vger

Wow! I have over 500 different pairs of footwear. For ex if I have product name 2k4-01, do I add this product 9 times for each size 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12? That will definately take me a long time. If that is the case, is there anything that can be created so I wont have to add a size for each product name several times?

Lastly, I am recieving an error msg 1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 insert into products_attributes values ('', '28', '3', '1', '', '') when attempting to add a product for each size. . What I have done is created just one product attribute so far and just named it size. In option values I have added sizes 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12. Then in the options value price section I leave it blank since the cost of shoe is already listed. Next when I attempt to add the product name several times choosing the different sizes is when I recieve that error above. What am I doing wrong. Sorry I am rookie at OS commerce

Thanks for your help!

Archived