• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie help please

caligali

I have spent the last few days working on my store, and researching my questions here on the forum and other places. I am amazed at the amount of information available--big thanks to everyone who has answered questions, made contributions, etc.

Unfortunately, I still have some unanswered questions that I cannot find the answers to in all my research. I'm sure they are staring me in the face, but after working on this for so long, I think my mind has just gone blank :'( --lol! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

1. I want to delete the headers/titles on the main page and category pages. (I can change the text wording, but not get rid of it!)

2. I want to delete the + after product name.

3. I want to delete the "welcome guest" on the main page and make a login box on the right instead.

4. I want to delete the numbers after the products in the category box.

5. I added an image to a product, and now I do not want any product image...how do I delete an image once one has been selected?

Jamie

1. You will have to go to index.php and remove the 3 instances of <?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?> if you want to remove the page titles.

2. not sure but i am sure you can find information on the forums on how to do it, others have asked about it

3. Remove <?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?> from index.php to remove the welcome message

go to the contributions to find a log in box contribution

4. Go into youe admin area click on configuration and then set "show catagory counts" to false.

5. go into your admin and edit the product you want to change the image for, just remove the instance to the image. you will have to manually delete it from your ftp space if you do not want it there

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived