• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error in admin/inc/funcs/database.php

Zone

Hi,

I have been running two oscommerce installs for about 2yrs. I use dynamic mass virtual hosting in Apache2. All of a sudden I'm getting this error on one of the installs in any file in the admin area:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /var/www/www.mysite.com/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 148

I've made no changes to my server which could be related to this. I'm confused as to why out of my two MS2 installs on the same apache server the other one still works perfectly.

I've checked the file and also compared it to the working copy. Line 148 is a function and it's correct. The $ is in the variable name passed to the func.

Any idea and tia,

Adam

Do you know what value the variable has when you get this error message? Where in the admin tool are you getting this?

-jared

Have you renamed database.php and copied in the working one from your other install, or a working one from a fresh 2.2 download?

Parse errors are often not on the same line that they get reported on. The error message just comes from when the parse error gets _noticed_, not necessarily where the problem is.

-jared

Archived