• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Cart

Knarf180

I'm basically looking for a shopping cart only to apply over my already created site. Much like the paypal cart, which I can add a buy now button next to an item to have it added to the users shopping cart.

Included in this, I would like it to able able to take different payment options and calculate shipping charges automatically based on the APIs from UPS or USPS.

I've prolly looked at almost every shopping cart ever made now, and I cant seem to find anything that does this. Either the card runs like paypal and allows you to simply add an add to card button, but requires a set shipping price (no auto calculation) or is a giant CMS driven ecommerce site ready to go, just waiting for you to add items.

Does anyone know of a cart that would be close to what I'm looking for? Can osCommerce to stripped down to simplicity?

I would be truly grateful for any help at all.

Thanks much,

- Frank

osCommerce can be stripped right down. The only thing I'd say is that doing that takes experience, and you won't be able to do it without being prepared to get to know osCommerce pretty well.

I'd suggest installing the basic osCommerce on your own computer, with a local web server, and using that as a test bed to modify osCommerce. As long as you follow the golden rule of applying modifications - "BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!" - then you should always be able to backtrack to the last working version.

Vger

I'm interested in doing this same thing. I want to replace a custom cart on my site with something more standard, but I want to use my existing catalog, database, etc. Does anybody have any other specific advice for stripping down osCommerce to just a cart? Code samples would be helpful, of course...

The rob would be pretty lengthy. Would most likely take you less time to write your own shopping cart with only the options you need then strip this thing down.

- frank

I'm interested in doing this same thing. I want to replace a custom cart on my site with something more standard, but I want to use my existing catalog, database, etc. Does anybody have any other specific advice for stripping down osCommerce to just a cart? Code samples would be helpful, of course...

Archived