• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

stock reorder level - Help needed

Charterhouse

Hi,

I am really keen to have a simple report that lists all products that need to be reordered. I wish to specify a re-order level for each individual product, i.e. just like the product quantity. The report will then list out the items that are below the reorder level that has been set.

The 'Product ReOrder Report' seems to do exactly what I require however im using the 2.2 Milestone and this installation does not work.

Unfortunately I am not a php/msql developer :( .

Does anybody have any suggestions or is running a report like this.

Any information/response would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Paul.

A simple query would give you the basic information:

SELECT PD.products_name, PD.products_description FROM products_description PD JOIN products P ON PD.products_id=P.products_id WHERE PD.language_id=1 AND P.products_quantity<XXX

Assuming you are running English (language=1), and XXX is the reorder level.

A simple query would give you the basic information:

SELECT PD.products_name, PD.products_description FROM products_description PD JOIN products P ON PD.products_id=P.products_id WHERE PD.language_id=1 AND P.products_quantity<XXX

Assuming you are running English (language=1), and XXX is the reorder level.

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Im not at all familar with PHP so just have a couple of further questions :thumbsup:

Would it be possible to give a couple of pointers of how to assign a re-order level to each individual product.

Would you include the query supplied into a new php report file?

Any other information you could provide would be great.

Thanks again.

To assign reorder levels per product, you would need a new column on your products table. The admin side would then need to be modified to maintain this as part of the products maintenance.

Sorry - I don't have time to design reports in php - I find SQL a lot faster and easier.

Archived