• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

404 Errors on Create Account & Login

bluphoenix

Hello All,

I am newbie slowly getting my site together. On the Welcome Page, when you click either: log yourself in or create an account it goes to a 404 Page not found.

I have changed the permissions on those pages to 766 but havenot touched the orginal code.

Please Help a Frustrated Newbie. :angry:

Thanks in Advance. :D

Here's a link to My Webpage.

You are being redirected to https and really shouldn't be until checking out... and that is only if you have a secure server. Check your config files to be sure they are right.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hello All,

I am newbie slowly getting my site together. On the Welcome Page, when you click either: log yourself in or create an account it goes to a 404 Page not found.

I have changed the permissions on those pages to 766 but havenot touched the orginal code.

Had the same problem. In my case - and probably i your case too - it had to do with having a shared SSL.

As your shop is not live yet, you could temporarily disable SSL.

In catalog/includes/configure.php change this:

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

to this:

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

This should allow you to continue testing checkout procedures, but getting SSL working by the time you will go live is important.

In my case a needed a dedicated IP-address from my isp and my own SSL-certificate which i bought from a third party.

Hope this helps,

Al

Had the same problem. In my case - and probably i your case too - it had to do with having a shared SSL.

As your shop is not live yet, you could temporarily disable SSL.

In catalog/includes/configure.php change this:

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

to this:

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

This should allow you to continue testing checkout procedures, but getting SSL working by the time you will go live is important.

In my case a needed a dedicated IP-address from my isp and my own SSL-certificate which i bought from a third party.

Hope this helps,

Al

Thank you so much what a simple solution. I really appreciate it.

Archived